octoberXart is a 'domestic' label which we created in May 2012 in order to release the music of our band, October Equus, and related projects. Since then until now, after one year and some months, we have released 5 CDs including October Equus, Ofir and Mundo Flotante, and 8 digital albums with improvised music, in colaboration with my friends Ken Hyder, Vasco Trilla, Marc Egea, Alfonso Muñoz

This label is handled by only two people, Amanda Pazos Cosse, who usually records and mixes the albums, and myself. I write all the music (with the help of Víctor Rodríguez in October Equus), paint the covers and design the artwork for the CDs, and we both organize the bands, rehearsals, recording sessions, concerts…

We do the distribution of our music, and well, in our free time we play bass and guitar too. And of course we are lucky to have the help of our fantastic musicians and for some occasions of Udi Koomran, who made the mastering of two October Equus albums, including our last OE album Permafrost. And the help of Francisco Macías, who co-produces our CDs.

I have compiled this selection which tries to show a small landscape of what we do. Also, here you can listen a composition called ‘Medusa’ from our new and still unreleased album October Equus QuartetIsla Purgatorio’, that we will release around 8-10 days from now with the collaboration of the avant-garde label Clamshell Records.

Here is the link, you can download it for free!:

https://octoberxart.bandcamp.com/album/vol-1-2012-13

Ángel Ontalva

www.octoberxart.com