Thread: Dream Theater - Live at Luna Park

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Dream Theater - Live at Luna Park

Ok, I see this is now available at Laser's Edge. What I'm wondering about are the different packages. Why is there a package that's BR/2DVD/3CD? Since you can get BR/3CD or 2DVD/3CD, who needs BR *AND* 2DVD? And if you really need the BR and 2DVD for some reason, it would be much cheaper to buy the 2DVD/3CD and buy the BR separate than to buy the BR/2DVD/3CD package ($42 cheaper!). What is the reason for this monstrous BR/2DVD/3CD package and monstrous price? (BTW, I just checked Amazon and their prices are higher.)

The ultra deluxe version comes in special oversized packaging and includes a hardbound book....so I think that is what justifies the difference in price.

For myself, I got the Blu Ray/3 CD package. It came in a nice little digipack with sleeve and was a very reasonable price on Amazon.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

They should have done one with the hardbound book, BR/3CD, and one with the book and 2DVD/3CD then, and charged less for each. Bastards! Sucking on every teat they can possibly manage. I'm surprised they didn't put vinyl in there too and charge even more.

The one thing I like about this release is the cover, because you can see the clown is about to be chopped up!

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    The ultra deluxe version comes in special oversized packaging and includes a hardbound book....so I think that is what justifies the difference in price.

For myself, I got the Blu Ray/3 CD package. It came in a nice little digipack with sleeve and was a very reasonable price on Amazon.
    Huh, it looks like the BR/3CD comes in a plastic BR-size case. I thought BRs always came in those cases because they always make it look like that. Glad to hear it's a digipak!

Not their best live release but sill enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    Not their best live release.
    Agreed. The pre-recorded backup vocals they started doing last tour really leave a sour taste in my mouth. Always hate when Rush, Yes or any other band does it and this is no different. That on top of what sounds like some auto tuning ruins any other enjoyment I get out of it. I'll take a truly raw/live performance over this any day. On that note I'll think I'll pop in my District 97 ROSfest DVD.