Thread: New Band XNA Streaming at PROG Mag!

New Band XNA Streaming at PROG Mag!

Hey, All,

I figured I'd take a cue from our friend Kerry Kompost (the great HELIOPOLIS) and do some shameless(ful?) self-promotion.

We got a band together as a dream project, and it's taken off like a dream--we were lucky enough to have our friend Billy Sherwood agree to produce it, then he played all the bass on it and some great guitar here and there, too, and THEN through him we got introduced to Cleopatra Records and got a deal with them to put our album out around the globe!
    Now, we've been selected to have a track from our album "When We Changed You" streamed at PROG Magazine!
    It's been amazing fun--but what's been most fun is making music we really love (even after hundreds of listens!).
    So, we invite you to check it out.

http://www.progrockmag.com/stream/mu...ying-dutchman/

If you dig it and wanna dig deeper, here's our site: www.xnaband.com.

Also, here's the official press release thread (I stopped 'em from calling Billy a "legend!" (I love him, and he's amazing, and way over-and-above supportive, but let's not get carried away!)):

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...?highlight=xna

Thanks for the time (and for all the YES threads over the years),

David of XNA

Jefferson James
    Me, shameless? Great stuff, David, congrats on all the good things happening for XNA. Would love to put a show together in 2014.

Thanks a lot, Man!
    Incredibly fun ride so far--and can't wait to hear your album. You guys are such amazing fun to watch!
    So, yes, definitely doing a show together is the dream.

And, we have a habit of making dreams come true...

Banned

I love this track, especially the flute.

I bought the mp3 album over the weekend and am loving it! Great stuff. Also, the album will be getting one of the 20 minute slots on Aural Moon's "New Moon on Monday" tonight.

http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6220

Good stuff! I know the drummer too.

Do I feel an Eloy vibe here? Godd stuff.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Sorry Dgtlman, didn't mean to step on your "good stuff", remark. What I mean to say is, I like the album a great deal.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    Good stuff! I know the drummer too.
    Isn't he the drummer from Circa?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Isn't he the drummer from Circa?
    Yep!

Yeah, he is--and GREAT at it, too.
    We were in L.A.'s GENESIS Tribute together
    (Incidentally, our friend Matt Brown, who was the keyboardist in that band for many years, has a new album coming soon with his band HELIOPOLIS, including "Kerry Kompost" of Mars Hollow---Great stuff!),
    and Connor is a big fan of Phil Collins' style. Phil's my fave, too--and every rehearsal, I get to marvel at Scott's playing, knowing I always have the best seat in the house!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmh84 View Post
    Yeah, he is--and GREAT at it, too.
    We were in L.A.'s GENESIS Tribute together
    (Incidentally, our friend Matt Brown, who was the keyboardist in that band for many years, has a new album coming soon with his band HELIOPOLIS, including "Kerry Kompost" of Mars Hollow---Great stuff!),
    and Connor is a big fan of Phil Collins' style. Phil's my fave, too--and every rehearsal, I get to marvel at Scott's playing, knowing I always have the best seat in the house!
    Wow, Heliopolis also has a member from a Genesis tribute band? I guess I should check them out too. I'm a sucker for anything that screams Genesis.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Wow, Heliopolis also has a member from a Genesis tribute band? I guess I should check them out too. I'm a sucker for anything that screams Genesis.
    Jifferson Airplane, if you wanna hear the first 4-minutes of our album opening track, by all means, feel free to check it out here.

While Matt Brown is a huge Genesis geek -- seriously, in rehearsals he and Jerry are always going off on Genesis tangents -- I've gotta say I don't believe Genesis is much of an influence on Heliopolis, at least as far as the songs go. You'll have to hear for yourself and let me know. Thanks in advance if you do decide to take a listen, Jif.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    Jifferson Airplane, if you wanna hear the first 4-minutes of our album opening track, by all means, feel free to check it out here.

While Matt Brown is a huge Genesis geek -- seriously, in rehearsals he and Jerry are always going off on Genesis tangents -- I've gotta say I don't believe Genesis is much of an influence on Heliopolis, at least as far as the songs go. You'll have to hear for yourself and let me know. Thanks in advance if you do decide to take a listen, Jif.
    Thanks, Kerry. I will listen later. Btw, I'm also a sucker for bands started by members of PE.

The more I listen to this album, the more I like it. 5 stars in my book. Great job!

Very cool!
    Thanks, Ken.

Banned

Thanks, Firth! (And, I have to ask--what number of Firth are you?)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmh84 View Post
    Thanks, Firth! (And, I have to ask--what number of Firth are you?)
    image.jpg