Thread: [META] Special Pages Devoted To Specific Bands/Genres

[META] Special Pages Devoted To Specific Bands/Genres

This suggestion may fall flat but that doesn't stop me from suggesting it.

There are times when I want to discuss a certain band that's been discussed numerous times but feel that the mere mention of it will draw the usual snarky criticism just for the mere existence of the thread itself. Perhaps it might allow people to discuss things ad nauseum (if they feel like it) if there were dedicated pages for certain groups that are the most mentioned. This could, of course, be at the discretion of the site owners. For example, Yes, Genesis or King Crimson might justify their own pages but Van der Graff Generator would not.

Just a thought.

I suppose the non-replies are the reply.

While I like the idea of having all the Yes threads and King Crimson threads and threads for every band gathered togehter on a band specific page for serious fans, I think such a move would strip the main page of most of its traffic, and people would be less inclined to read & write in threads on a whim if they had to specfiifcally go into loads of various band pages to find stuff that interested them. I personally think two forums is one too many. I just go by date and what interests me, not by band name.