Thread: Redbeard on Kevin Gilbert / Toy Matinee

Redbeard on Kevin Gilbert / Toy Matinee

I'm sure some of you are familiar with Redbeard and his "In the Studio" radio show where he's done in-depth interviews with a Who's Who of rock artists since the '70s. He's actually given prog bands a lot of coverage and has interviewed members of all of the "Big 6" over the years.

Anyway, he has a website where he posts audio clips from past interviews and live performances with comments. I just noticed this post about Toy Matinee and Kevin Gilbert, with a live acoustic version of "Last Plane Out" and a touching KG anecdote:

http://www.inthestudio.net/live-trac...t-dallas-1990/

Aw man, I wish they had the actual interview! That was nice though. Very cool of Redbeard to give some props.

The interview is more or less the same as usual. Nothing too different than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    The interview is more or less the same as usual. Nothing too different than others.
    Figures, I suppose.

A mainstay in the late 80's singer / songwriter L.A. brat pack? That's an odd description.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    A mainstay in the late 80's singer / songwriter L.A. brat pack? That's an odd description.
    Fairly true though, he had the hookup at ine time, working with Madonna, Micheal Jackson and Cheryl Crowe. What a weird irony that not getting sucked into the true high tiers of success probably saved his life on some level and yet fueled his depression... and then he still lost his life.