Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FEATURED CD: Pink Floyd - Animals

Liked the material on tour before release. The record was a bummer. The show in Oakland from the third row was overwhelming!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    1. I agree with most of that review in the opening post
    2. I don't understand how so many responders here have quoted animals as their fav PF album
    3. Those doing so, have you not heard Piper, Saucerful, Meddle, AHM, Ummagumma, DSOTM, More, Obscured by Clouds, WYWH?
    4. I've never liked Animals, definitely my least favourite PF album, closely followed by The Wall.
    I have Dark side of the moon, Wish you were here and Animals and still Animals is my favorite. Sorry to disappoint you.
    You never hear anything from it on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    Good album. Sheep is my favorite track.
    Mine too. So much that i convinced my band Anubis Gate to record a cover of it (which will be released soon)
    And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    There’s an article in Prog magazine about Richard Wright that says his opening bluesy keyboard noodling at the beginning of “Sheep” is a play on “Old McDonald’s Farm.” I can’t hear it, and never recognized that in there. Do you hear it?

Link: https://www.loudersound.com/features...ht-solo-albums

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    “Sheep” is a play on “Old McDonald’s Farm.” I can’t hear it, and never recognized that in there. Do you hear it?
    I guess it could be but it is not something that has ever occurred to me. Unless Wright or someone else in the band has come out directly and said that it's based on Old McDonald then I'm assuming it's the journo's opinion.
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01