Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes Soundchaser question

i think it's maybe a piece of mozart . since patrick mozart was in the band at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Sheds View Post
    These things are too modern for me, but I believe there's a phone app which identifies tunes / melodies. Might be worth a punt? Play Soundchaser into it and see what it comes back with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillclub View Post
    i think it's maybe a piece of mozart . since patrick mozart was in the band at the time...
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Talk about ROTFLMAO! I saw the movie when it first came out, 25-30 years ago (?) It was an enjoyable movie, but I finally got around to watching it again about a year ago and this very part struck me differently than the first time around, I really had to laugh because it reminded me of so many discussions about Prog music. It made me think about what a comedy skit about Prog would be like if done on SNL or maybe even Monty Python so seeing it here is really fitting and gave me the best laugh I've had in awhile

Quote Originally Posted by doneg View Post
    Talk about ROTFLMAO! I saw the movie when it first came out, 25-30 years ago (?) It was an enjoyable movie, but I finally got around to watching it again about a year ago and this very part struck me differently than the first time around, I really had to laugh because it reminded me of so many discussions about Prog music. It made me think about what a comedy skit about Prog would be like if done on SNL or maybe even Monty Python so seeing it here is really fitting and gave me the best laugh I've had in awhile
    But it's absolutely true! Progressive rock does sometimes have too many notes. That's the nice thing about bands like Magma and Genesis, they know how to back off from the hemidemisemiquavers so as to keep the music from getting too "statistically dense" (as Frank Zappa might put it).

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Progressive rock does sometimes have too many notes.
    BS!

Quote Originally Posted by doneg View Post
    That is one fantastic movie. How often do we see two best actor nominees in one movie? F. Murray Abraham's performance is one for the ages. The only weakness in the movie is the actress who plays Mozart's wife. Everything else about that movie is perfect, IMO.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I think I know what you mean about hearing something that sounded similar...I hope you can solve the riddle. I think there are probably more "lifted" sections than we know about.

For example, Geoff Downes' organ part in Machine Messiah, about 3 minutes in, before the "Friends make their way into systems of chance" section...

Listen to this and tell me it's not the same thing:

Never had any clue that bit was "borrowed" until a few years ago.

He borrowed more of the tone than the chords, but yeah! I hear it,like it,and don't care. This is done so often it should be recognized as tributary instead of theft.

Ok this could be coincidence, but I found the Bud Powell track I was talking about entitled "Wail". Listen to the very very last phrase of the piece... (2:58 or so). It reminds me of Moraz's intro to Soundchaser... like a said could be a coincidence, but on the other hand its probabyl likely Moraz listened to Powell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1aOt3U-cKk