Thread: LCD Soundsystem

LCD Soundsystem

Any fans here?

I only liked their "Losing My Edge" track back at the time. Not my cup of tea I'm afraid...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I've liked 'em since the beginning; to me they are the epitome of "good artists borrow, great artists steal". I was actually fairly surprised that Sound of Silver became a huge hit; watching Murphy try to recapture the magic with This is Happening (which he actually kinda did) and realize he had nothing left to say hit a weird note with me, it's so rare to see a guy just straight up say "I'm not going to compromise anything, and this band has run its course" after reaching that level of fame. Its actually a little bizarre how popular LCD is compared to James Murphy himself, the man who IS LCD Soundsystem. But yeah - great band.

Count me a fan. Loved it when, I think it was 2-3 years ago, when Porcupine Tree played some European festival on the same bill as LCD, that Steven Wilson said he found a favorite new modern band.

I tend to go for the material more like this than say Drunk Girls and Dance Yrself Clean

Talking Heads would be proud! And might be!

I need to check out the new LCD documentary DVD! "It comes as a three-disc package, including the documentary and footage of the final concert in its entirety."
    Last edited by PindralProgger; 11-27-2012 at 09:32 PM.