Thread: New by Macca

New by Macca

Heard Paul McCartney's new album last night and wow, it's pretty much top shelf. His best ever? Just floored by it!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

I tend to agree. I've only ever been a casual listener of Paul's music, but I've liked the bulk of what I've ever heard. This time around, though, I did manage to pick up the new one (NEW). It is indeed a very well-done collection of songs, and very eclectic, for sure. Interestingly enough, four different producers were involved. Apparently Paul got on with each of them for what they as individuals brought to the songs. That might have caused the whole to veer off into several different, disparate directions, but surprisingly , the whole holds together rather well. I hope it does well for him. Not that Sir Paul needs the money, of course, but simply as a reward for someone who has long given his all and continues to do so for the music. He obviously loves what he does.

Loving this new tune - Queenie Eye - from Paul. And a pretty cool video with a ton of cameos:

And a pretty cool "Making of" the above video:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Loving this new tune - Queenie Eye - from Paul. And a pretty cool video with a ton of cameos:
    Damn, that is a catchy tune. He's... amazing. To think he's probably more popular now than he's been since Wings at their mid 70s peak, maybe even since the Beatles. And he's still writing damn good songs.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Hey, Koreabruce, are you new here? Sorry, the name doesn't seem familiar but I could be wrong. Is there any kind of prog scene or fandom in Korea that you're aware of? Sorry to derail this - couldn't help but ask.

Damn that's a fine piece of songwriting.
    And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

71 years old, and he puts out one of his best solo albums in years. Incredible. I picked this CD up at our local Whole Foods, and it hasn't left the player for a week.

Just reminds you of why the Beatles were so special. It's a rare gift to have a seemingly bottomless well of talent like Macca. Makes you wonder what John would be up to creatively if he were still with us.

I saw Macca at his Seattle show this summer -- first time I've seen any of the Beatles live. Far and away the best concert I've ever seen. Just an amazing guy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I saw Macca at his Seattle show this summer -- first time I've seen any of the Beatles live. Far and away the best concert I've ever seen. Just an amazing guy.
    My dad and aunt saw him in Vegas in '99, and they said he was great. Better than The Stones, who they saw around the same time.