Thread: William Shatner Live

William Shatner Live

Well I got the cd 4 days ago, and its really good. Shatners poems are great and Billy Sherwoods music really does have a prog feel to it. Some of the songs even have a Yes( B.S.era) sound to them. I really like the title song, Ponder the Mystery, also So Am I and Where Its Gone... I Don't Know. Also every song as a guest , Steve Vai. Edger Winter, Nik Turner, Vince Gill, etc.

Now. Wed night Saint Rocks, Hermosa Beach CA. Not the best place for a concert. The room has a weird layout to it, the show was sold out, so it was shoulder to shoulder, we were 8 feet from W.S. and B.S. was right in front of us, if you went to the bathroom you would never get back. The show was 2 hours long. They played the entire cd, they being W.S. Billy S. Tony Kaye, a bass player and drummer. I think 95% of the crowd was there to see Captain Kick, because someone would yell it between every song. But the show was good, they played the songs just the way there are on the cd. They didn't say much between songs. The sound in this place isn't great, if I hadn't been listening to the cd the last few days I'm not sure I would understand some of the songs. Plus crowd noise was very high all night, not really like a quit prog group. W.S. even played harmonica. Tony K. did a solo at the end. Overall it was amazing to see the legend William Shatner plus Billy S. and Tony Kaye in concert, W.S. and B.S. did a great job on the cd and they all put on a great show. Great night. They are only playing two more nights here in L.A. area, so go if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfink View Post
    Well I got the cd 4 days ago, and its really good. Shatners poems are great and Billy Sherwoods music really does have a prog feel to it. Some of the songs even have a Yes( B.S.era) sound to them. I really like the title song, Ponder the Mystery, also So Am I and Where Its Gone... I Don't Know. Also every song as a guest , Steve Vai. Edger Winter, Nik Turner, Vince Gill, etc.

Now. Wed night Saint Rocks, Hermosa Beach CA. Not the best place for a concert. The room has a weird layout to it, the show was sold out, so it was shoulder to shoulder, we were 8 feet from W.S. and B.S. was right in front of us, if you went to the bathroom you would never get back. The show was 2 hours long. They played the entire cd, they being W.S. Billy S. Tony Kaye, a bass player and drummer. I think 95% of the crowd was there to see Captain Kick, because someone would yell it between every song. But the show was good, they played the songs just the way there are on the cd. They didn't say much between songs. The sound in this place isn't great, if I hadn't been listening to the cd the last few days I'm not sure I would understand some of the songs. Plus crowd noise was very high all night, not really like a quit prog group. W.S. even played harmonica. Tony K. did a solo at the end. Overall it was amazing to see the legend William Shatner plus Billy S. and Tony Kaye in concert, W.S. and B.S. did a great job on the cd and they all put on a great show. Great night. They are only playing two more nights here in L.A. area, so go if you can.

We're seeing this tomorrow at The Coach House. The drummer is Scott Connor, our friend and my husband's bandmate in Squonk (a Genesis tribute but I'm sure the name gives that away). The bass player is Ricky Rat who was a real last name but I can't recall it at the moment. This show is sold out, too, but luckily I made reservations back in late August so we'll have to eat crappy Coach House food and sit through two or three warm up acts. I love it when we can skip that part.... But you can't really cruise in late with sold out shows there.

Tonight they are at the Canyon Club and I think there are still tickets available.