Thread: David Bromberg - Sammy's song (1972)

David Bromberg - Sammy's song (1972)

Striking song.Hearing this on radio got me to buy David Bromberg - The Player : A Retrospective

David Bromberg - Sammy's song

I should pick this up too at some point. I always loved his music growing up, but never owned anything of his. Major talent.

David B will always have a special place in my heart

In 1979 I was hitting on the new girl where I worked in NYC, and our first date was to be a DB concert in Central Park

So I bring my A game, show up with flowers, and wait at the appointed spot...

and waited.....

and waited.....

45 minutes late, I assume I've been stood up, bring the flowers inside and gave them to another co-worker

I come to find she was getting her hair done, and the appointment ran late

34 years on, she still keeps me waiting just about every time

.....and I've never seen BD

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    I should pick this up too at some point. I always loved his music growing up, but never owned anything of his. Major talent.
    I have loved his music on complilation as well. But ,"Sammy's song is unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    David B will always have a special place in my heart

In 1979 I was hitting on the new girl where I worked in NYC, and our first date was to be a DB concert in Central Park

So I bring my A game, show up with flowers, and wait at the appointed spot...

and waited.....

and waited.....

45 minutes late, I assume I've been stood up, bring the flowers inside and gave them to another co-worker

I come to find she was getting her hair done, and the appointment ran late

34 years on, she still keeps me waiting just about every time

.....and I've never seen BD

BG
    Epitomy of coolness,Brian Griffin.

I don't know if all his stuff is still available on CD but it should be. I have most of his stuff. Midnight on the Water is excellent too.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I don't know if all his stuff is still available on CD but it should be. I have most of his stuff. Midnight on the Water is excellent too.
    Probably not all his stuff on cd.I have listened and read a story on line notes,that "Sammy song" who's playing harmonica.Bob Dylan.
    Last edited by Modry Effekt; 10-24-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Some convergence for y'all

So I'm easing into Saturday morning in bed, on the PC, Plasma on but sound off, progressive jams on, watching the National News

A story comes on, there was a fire at Macy's in Herald Square yesterday

This is the place I worked in the 70's / early 80's, and where I met my bride mentioned a couple of days ago above

So they start showing video, and where do they focus?

The exact "appointed" spot where I waited for my girl that first missed date

For the unfamiliar, the store is HUGE, 18 floors and literally a full NYC city block around, (World's Largest Store), so pretty lucky to see

Life's fucking delicious sometimes

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Love is a strange thing.I have never had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Striking song.Hearing this on radio got me to buy David Bromberg - The Player : A Retrospective

David Bromberg - Sammy's song

For Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    For Brian
    Why, thank you!

BG

I see BGO has re-issued four of his early albums on a couple of 2 CD sets. I have the other 2-fers including My Own House/You Should See The Band, and Reckless Abandon/Bandit In A Bathing Suit. Stylistically, these are all over the place, but there's enough good music to keep it interesting.

Volume one of his live set, How Late'll Ya Play To is a classic, imo.

Last edited by Reid; 09-04-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Why, thank you!

BG
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    I see BGO has re-issued four of his early albums on a couple of 2 CD sets. I have the other 2-fers including My Own House/You Should See The Band, and Reckless Abandon/Bandit In A Bathing Suit. Stylistically, these are all over the place, but there's enough good music to keep it interesting.

Volume one of his live set, How Late'll Ya Play To is a classic, imo.

Fantastic.And the first time ever I heard it.

I love I Will Not be Your Fool. Great lyrics in that tune!
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.