Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rachel Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    For some reason I put off listening to Rachel Flowers until now. All the covers and hype surrounding them put me off I guess. But I’m now listening to her album “Going Somewhere” after hearing a song from it on someone’s playlist, and it’s excellent! I knew she was talented, and I’m really impressed with how well the album is produced and engineered. I haven’t been to any of the festivals at which she’s performed, and now I’m hoping she might perform at Progday - 2021?
    You've been here forever and you are just now listening to her? Anyway, check out her first album, Listen. Its amazingly beautiful and a unique combination of classical, prog and a touch of jazz all mixed together.

I haven’t been to any of the festivals at which she’s performed, and now I’m hoping she might perform at Progday - 2021?
    On the 14th she performed a live stream of her originals for ProgStock Moogvember and on the 28th she will be performing a live stream of cover songs. See https://www.stageit.com/ProgStock
    She just posted this video this ad.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    For some reason I put off listening to Rachel Flowers until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    You've been here forever and you are just now listening to her?
    Yes, that's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post
    On the 14th she performed a live stream of her originals for ProgStock Moogvember and on the 28th she will be performing a live stream of cover songs. See https://www.stageit.com/ProgStock
    She just posted this video this ad.

It's amazing how she can play this complexe music so flawlessly, got my ticket for Saturday, can't wait :-)

She did a KILLER version of LTiA Part 2. I think she played all the instruments as well.

https://soundcloud.com/rachelflowers...-crimson-cover

On November 28, 2020 Rachel played a 90 minute live streaming concert on StageIt for the ProgStock Moogvember series. This was a very special show for her, as she got to play some of her favorite progressive rock covers. To no one's great surprise, 90 minutes wasn't long enough, so as a thank you to her fans, to ProgStock, and to the Bob Moog Foundation, she went back to the organ a couple of days later and recorded one more epic tune for everyone who attended her concert, and for all her fans.

Ars Longa Vita Brevis is the second album by the English progressive rock group the Nice. The Nice were true rock pioneers, combining elements of rock, classical, jazz, and even folk music in their recordings and live performances. It's easy to see why the band attracted Rachel's attention! While Rachel's version had to omit the extended drum solo of the original, I think you will find that she captures the spirit of the band, while adding her own special flair... or, as we like to say, she Rachelified it.

You will note that we set up a second camera to capture Rachel's footwork on the bass pedals. We haven't forgotten the feedback from Rachel's early videos on the organ, and we didn't want to make that mistake again!

We hope you will enjoy this. Rachel had a blast playing it for you!

Thanks! That was way fun!
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I don't know where else to put this. If someone has a better idea, feel free to move it.

Why Prog is the Music of my Life
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Rachel's first single off her completely improvised album "In the Moment"