Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camel Live 2013 (w/spoilers)

Camel Live 2013 (w/spoilers)

Saw Camel last night in Harrogate, UK, very emotional night. Andy was clearly touched by the affection from the sold out crowd and it was really nice to hear him dedicate the show to Peter Bardens, and indeed Andy Ward and Doug Ferguson. Great performance and the Snow Goose was wonderful with some subtle new additions to the piece. Second half of the show was filled with classics, Song Within a Song, Lady Fantasy etc and some nice acoustic interludes. For a first show in so many years it was very tight, they are a great bunch of musicians of course; and the guitar playing was brilliant, his tone is so emotional. Loved it.

Picked up the Snow Goose disc as well and I'm very impressed. Having lived with the original and the Live Records versions since the mid 70's I too wondered about messing with a classic, but don't worry just enjoy... in a slightly varied way!!

If you get the chance to see this don't miss it, it was a special night.

Fanx for sharing . Any idea when the re~recorded Snow Goose goes on general release ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Fanx for sharing . Any idea when the re~recorded Snow Goose goes on general release ?
    I think it said it was due out 6th Nov.

I was there too, it was a superb evening. As you say, Andy's guitar is the centrepiece, and sounded exceptional. I thought he was on good form vocally too. A nice selection of material from most of the albums, and a few surprise choices :-)

It was great to hear `Goose' live, the keyboard guys did a very good job of Peter's parts and filling in with various orchestral textures. I liked the little additions here and there to the music......didn't see a merch table though ! ? Damn !

Sounds great, thanks for posting. I sure hope he brings the show to the US and plays more than just a few westcoast/eastcoast dates. I'm really surprised that they pulled out Song Within a Song, one of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds very enjoyable! Nice to hear they're playing some acoustic stuff and surprising songs.

Hey there guys any more info on the set list other than what you already mentioned. I will be going to London this week to see the Boys so I am very curious, thanks for any input.
    Dave

Can't remember order of second set but they opened with an acoustic Never Let Go , Song Within A Song , Air Born , Echoes , Tell Me - stacks of others - this was a long set ! Could have done without Fox Hill and was hoping for West Berlin . Word of warning - show started bang on 7.30pm !

New Snow Goose is brilliant - enjoy the show .

Love reading these reviews. Please let them come

Quote Originally Posted by young dude View Post
    Can't remember order of second set but they opened with an acoustic Never Let Go , Song Within A Song , Air Born , Echoes , Tell Me - stacks of others - this was a long set ! Could have done without Fox Hill and was hoping for West Berlin . Word of warning - show started bang on 7.30pm !

New Snow Goose is brilliant - enjoy the show .
    Songs sound real good to me! Early show times should be good for public transport.

Could the title of this thread be changed to include SPOILER ALERT.

saw CAMEL way back in 1992, with colin bass, paul burgess and mickey simmonds alongside latimer. heartwarming to see him, and them, active again.

I think I shed a tear or two...so glad to see they're back. Andy looks and sounds wonderful.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I couldn't resist the spoilers. I'm at The Barbican for this next Monday, can't wait. The Snow Goose tour was my very first ever gig, all of those decades again, so a rather special night for me to come full circle. So pleased to hear the reviews are positive, and that Andy is back to health and his perfect best.

Love the spoilers, thanks. Brilliant!

Wow! I so wish they could come to the US next year! NEARfest should roll that stone from the cave entrance and rise again for that!

Fantastic, I cannot wait for the show next week. Leave to go across the pond Friday morning! Should be an epic trip, Camel, Hackett and Hawkwind all in a week
    Hope to see some fellow PE people there.?

Dave

I agree totally Sean. Would'nt that be great . Or at least come to the US or North America. Baja Prog may be an option or the East coast and Canada. I am quite certain they would have no problem getting tickets sold. All depends on Andrew and his health.

I am so hoping this comes to the US......but will be buying the new cd.

You just like them because they have a tune called The Great Marsh.

that deserves a <rimshot!>

Saw the gig in Wolverhampton last night. Really enjoyed it.

Played the new version of Snow Goose today. As you would expect it is not wildly different. It is the sonics that is so good about this release. It is more rounded and has plenty of depth to it.

Are the keyboard sounds vintage?

They played Air Born? Tell Me?? God, PLEASE let there be a DVD of this. And better yet, bring the show over to this side of the pond.
    flute juice

Lovely gig in Wolves last night, I think Andy was blown away with the reception the band got.

Air Born yes, but no Ice.

I wish other bands used flute like Camel, wonderful playing.