Thread: Michael Moorcock - New World's Fair

Michael Moorcock - New World's Fair

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
    Never new this existed...Ok Hawkwind fans....Do I Need this...Looks awesome.....

Decide for yourself

Yep, listen before you buy!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

The music itself is pretty good, but Moorcock's vocals...let's say he's not as gifted in the area of singing as he is at writing prose.

The 13 year old inside.

he just wrote moorcock.

his voice is ok to me i've heard a lot worse

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post

he just wrote moorcock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    his voice is ok to me i've heard a lot worse
    I have to say, considering how he looks, he absolutely does not sound like you would expect! Reminds me of an amateurish attempt at sounding like David Bowie.

The music is pretty cool if you’re a fan of Hawkwind circa Hall of the Mountain Grill/Warrior on the Edge of Time. Simon House plays on this.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Parece cosa de maligno. Los pianos no estallan por casualidad." --Gabriel Garcia Marquez

N.P.:“Louis’ Theme”-Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post

The music is pretty cool if you’re a fan of Hawkwind circa Hall of the Mountain Grill/Warrior on the Edge of Time. Simon House plays on this.
    I believe several of the Hawkwind guys played on that album. If I remember correctly, Moorcock himself said that became a problem because I think it was Simon King who played drums on the record had trouble keeping up with some of the rhythmic twists that were intended to be in some of the songs. I guess in the end, Moorcock had to simplify some of the arrangements so that Simon could manage them.

nah.

I'm gonna have to bust this one out and give it a listen again.

But if you're looking for a Hawkwind related album, check out Robert Calvert's work. It's all pretty much awesome.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Space Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    But if you're looking for a Hawkwind related album, check out Robert Calvert's work. It's all pretty much awesome.
    Yep! This Moorcock album is decent if you are an uber-fan but Calvert's two albums from this time period are much better.

Funny story - This album was highly regarded among my friends when I was around 18 (a glorious 30 years ago). I asked one of them to do me a copy, please and thank you very much and he duly handed me a cassette tape one day. When I got home to listen to it, it got about 5 songs in and the record it had been recorded from got stuck and it just went round in a groove for about 20 minutes. I think he must have noticed at that point and jogged it because the rest of that song played out but that was it, no more songs.

I never asked for a replacement but I would play those 5 songs from time to time and I really got to like the first half of the album. Eventually I tracked down a CD version, I was really quite excited to hear the rest of it after 15 odd years but I've never been able been able to get into the back half of it.

Never liked it, except from the Steve Harley/David Bowie inspired song "Brothel In Rosenstrasse". Sold my copy ages ago...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS