Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missing From Your Collection

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    The sound quality is shit or at least I was told. I was going to go this route when I got in to Le Orme as well, and several folks here steered me away from it.
    Hmm... I thought the reviews said sound was wonderful.. packaging not so... I could care less about packaging..

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Hmm... I thought the reviews said sound was wonderful.. packaging not so... I could care less about packaging..
    If you are allergic to the typical 'to loud' 'to much compression' 'no dynamics' stuff than stay away from them.
    Otherwise, at least for me, the sound good enough. And at that price you can't complain anyway.

Will try to ASAP (next week, probably)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Never able to find it these :
    La Bocca della Veritá - Avenoth
    Redjy Emond - Tension
    Mindworm - The Mindworm EP

Genesis- 3 thru Duke

Quote Originally Posted by GentleG View Post
    Never able to find it these :
    La Bocca della Veritá - Avenoth
    With those italian private releases you only have one Chance: Contact the band themselves and be quick

http://www.villaggiomusicale.com/band/id_934318427

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    If you are allergic to the typical 'to loud' 'to much compression' 'no dynamics' stuff than stay away from them.
    Otherwise, at least for me, the sound good enough. And at that price you can't complain anyway.
    Arrived yesterday... heading out of town for 3 days... will start checking them out when I get back.. agree the price was hard to pass up.. $4 per disc..

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Magic Pie
    Tangent
    PFM

I need recommendations
    Hello Firth, if you would like to email me at sally@thetangent.org I will try to help you out with some Tangent stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    With those italian private releases you only have one Chance: Contact the band themselves and be quick

http://www.villaggiomusicale.com/band/id_934318427
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GentleG View Post
    Thanks!
    De nada.

I don't think it's out jet, but the demos on myspace sound really great.

Passport-Blue Tattoo
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

I once saw the third Zara-Thustra album in a store in Cologne. I still regret not buying it, just because I allready had bought a lot of CD's and I didn't want an album on vinyl, though I suppose their stuff will never be released on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I once saw the third Zara-Thustra album in a store in Cologne. I still regret not buying it, just because I allready had bought a lot of CD's and I didn't want an album on vinyl, though I suppose their stuff will never be released on CD.
    "Ritter der neuen Zeit" shoudn't demand more than 10 to 15 EUR for a near mint copy (and should be easy to find)

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I somehow remember a CD (CD-R?) set of everthing recorded by Zara-Thursta sold by Berthold Weindorf himself.

Maybe you should ask here:

http://www.weryton.de/13941/home.html
    Last edited by TheH; 10-20-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Frank Zappa: Lumpy Gravy, Sleep Dirt and Orchestral Favourites. There’s way more of his stuff I don’t own, but of the stuff he produced in his lifetime that I don’t have, those are the only ones I really care about.

Some of Embryo’s more “essential” albums, such as Steig aus and Rocksession. Funny, because I really like them, and enjoy “lesser” albums like Surfin’ and Bad Heads and Bad Cats immensely. (And I want to turn the cover to the latter into a T-shirt!)

Kenso: Utsuroi yuku mono. Their only studio album I don’t own.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"'Thin Thighs For Your Man.' But I don't *like* men with thin thighs" --Daria

I do not have a copy of Bad Heads and Bad Cats either... have heard good things but stopped my collection prior to that one
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Frank Zappa: Lumpy Gravy, Sleep Dirt and Orchestral Favourites. There’s way more of his stuff I don’t own, but of the stuff he produced in his lifetime that I don’t have, those are the only ones I really care about.

Some of Embryo’s more “essential” albums, such as Steig aus and Rocksession. Funny, because I really like them, and enjoy “lesser” albums like Surfin’ and Bad Heads and Bad Cats immensely. (And I want to turn the cover to the latter into a T-shirt!)

Kenso: Utsuroi yuku mono. Their only studio album I don’t own.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"'Thin Thighs For Your Man.' But I don't *like* men with thin thighs" --Daria
    Steig aus is the only Embryo album I have.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    There's tons of stuff I don't have, but the only thing I feel is missing at this time is Snakefinger's Manual of Errors. That will be a tough one to find at a decent price. I suppose the same goes for Causa Sui's The Summer Sessions.

I'd like the big box of Dark Side of the Moon, some more King Crimson Collector's stuff, and Jade Warrior's stuff from their Island period, but I've learned that unless I am hot to hear stuff, I should hold off until I actually am.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

More missing items, not counting live albums, which I generally consider superfluous luxury items, anyway:

XTC: Drums & Wires, definitely one of those, “I just never got around to buying it” items, as I have all of their other studio albums (including the very sucky Wasp Star). Plus the Dukes of Stratosphear albums, if you count those.

Camel: The Single Factor, plus any of the 90s or later albums.

Grobschnitt: I don’t own Illegal or Razzia. Everyone complains about how much Razzia sucks, but I can’t imagine it being worse than Kinder + Narren, which is one of the worst albums by a prog band in the 80s ever!

Renaissance: Time-Line. We’re talking serious “OCD completism” here!

Supertramp: Famous Last Words and Brother Where You Bound. CDs of these have become elusive of late, especially the latter.

Magma: Merci, plus any of the reformation albums.

Pekka Pohjola: Changing Waters and Pewit. I wonder if I ought to include Sinfonia No. 1 here, as it’s such a ridiculously obscure release that no one seems to own!

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

“It doesn't get any more...like this. Than this.” --Anders Lundquist

N.P.:“Holiday in Berlin, Full Blown”-Frank Zappa/Burnt Weeny Sandwich

Michael Mantler: The Hapless Child and Other Inscrutable Stories. on CD. Rypdal, Wyatt, Jack DeJohnette, etc.
    but its OOP and too expensive second hand. I hope they re-release it. I have it on LP so I shouldn't complain.

Cybotron - Colossus (outrageous marketplace seller prices)

The Tangent - Pyramids And Stars (are they ever going to reprint this?)

Frank Klare - Transcental Medication

Yes - Union Live (the limited 2-DVD version, I recall it was about fifty bucks when first released)

Jethro Tull - 20th and 25th anniversary boxes (basically the only two official JT/IA releases I don't actually own, although much of that material is now available on other releases)

Marillion - Curtain Call boxed set

Gentle Giant - Civilian (I already have Playing The Fool, so no need to repurchase that "two-fer" just to get Civilian, which is hardly essential by any stretch of the imagination)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    More missing items, not counting live albums, which I generally consider superfluous luxury items, anyway:

Grobschnitt: I don’t own Illegal or Razzia. Everyone complains about how much Razzia sucks, but I can’t imagine it being worse than Kinder + Narren, which is one of the worst albums by a prog band in the 80s ever

I would say Illegal is still ok, not as good as the 70s albums but ok. Razzia I think was an attempt to make pretty much the same album
    again, it just didn't work. The titeltrack (8 min+) is a spinoff from Solar Music and rather good.

If you think Kinder + Narren ("Wie der Wind" was a minor hit in Germany) is their worst, you obviously have not heard the follow up Fantasten.

The only Album they made in the 80s that can be recommended is Sonnentanz Live, a totally new version of Solar Music now with vocals
    (not as good as the original, but I really like it)

I am still missing one of the "Lothar And The Hand People" CDs. I am pretty sure that it is completely out of print.

Library Jon

My want list. Still not on CD. Will they ever be?

Rod Argent -Moving Home
    Dave Greenslade-Cactus Choir
    Akira Wada-Guitarist
    Steve Marcus-Sometime other than now
    Dieter Reith-Knock out
    Mark Colby-One Good Turn
    Mark Colby-Serpintine Fire
    Masahiko Satoh-All in All Out
    Joachim Kuhn-Cinemascope
    Alphonse Mouzon-In Search of a dream
    Rolf Kuhn-Cucu Ear
    Jasper Van't Hof -Live in Montreux