Thread: Nemo-Le Ver Dans le Fruit

Nemo-Le Ver Dans le Fruit

hey guys, have we got anything to say about this monument? 8th album going from strength to strength. Amazing creativity and versatility. Melody-OMG, angry guitars-yip my man, R4001 like bass-sure, double kick, all sorts of keyboards. Expressive vocals. Wondering how JP can pull this off with that consistency. And the return of mighty bagpipes again! remember how people were moaning re that on Revolu$ion.

very nice...

Love it.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    If NEARfest still existed, IMO Nemo would have been nabbed for it somewhere around now.

Like these guys...sometimes it does border on the by-the-numbers prog but then there's always a bit of unique textures they throw in that makes you go, oh ok good/cool feel!

check out last track on JPL last solo album MMXIV... That is just freaking awesome!

Good album, good band. I tend to prefer their first few albums. After the Si albums, they haven't been as compelling for me. Still very good though, with this latest probably my favorite since Si Parte 1. Haven't heard any of the JPL solo albums, sounds like I might need to check those out. Didn't care for the first Wolfspring album though.........

JPL solo Retrospections is a collection of guitar tunes like you'd expect from Satriani or... maybe Stuermer. latest MMXIV sounds more like full band project. his guitar playing is incredible! Multitone, emotional very melodic with heaps of hightech stuff. On two numbers he is joined by Domi Leonetti from Lazuli for high pitch notes. These songs will bring tears to your eyes. that said, I have ZERO knowledge in French but that last song is truly spectacular, 11min of pure prog bliss (on the heavier side of things). He even threw in some early May's signature guitar choruses. As far as Nemo goes... my fav is Prelude and Revolusion. And everything elese for that matter.

major blow... JPL have just announced that NEMO will stop for an unknown period of time. That news makes me cry. They will release their final album later in 15. He'll carry on as solo, but... man, NEMO stopping. Who wudav thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    If NEARfest still existed, IMO Nemo would have been nabbed for it somewhere around now.
    Well they did play at Progday one year. I actually didn't care for them much at the time. I thought they were trying too hard to sound like a heavy neo prog band. It was as though they were trying to sound heavy for the sake of heavy. I didn't think they were trying to be a metal band which they weren't and aren't but at the time I thought their sound was a bit contrived. To this day I only have an ep by them which I think is pretty good(the one with a not too bad cover of "strawberry fields forever" on it) so I suppose I have warmed up to them a bit over the years.

Anyway, they still have not yet played at Rosfest which I think is the festival best suited for them. Not sure why they haven't showed up there yet but I suppose it's only a matter of time. I don't see why they couldn't be a headliner there.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

hmmm... not any more. In the foreseable future at least

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Well they did play at Progday one year. I actually didn't care for them much at the time. I thought they were trying too hard to sound like a heavy neo prog band. It was as though they were trying to sound heavy for the sake of heavy. I didn't think they were trying to be a metal band which they weren't and aren't but at the time I thought their sound was a bit contrived. To this day I only have an ep by them which I think is pretty good(the one with a not too bad cover of "strawberry fields forever" on it) so I suppose I have warmed up to them a bit over the years.

Anyway, they still have not yet played at Rosfest which I think is the festival best suited for them. Not sure why they haven't showed up there yet but I suppose it's only a matter of time. I don't see why they couldn't be a headliner there.