Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Most Iconic Pink Floyd Song

What may be slightly better, at least in a sense that we might very well get close to a consensus, would be "what is the most representative song for each of the band's periods". Such as ...

Early = Echoes
    Mid = Money
    Late = The Dogs of War (or maybe just Dogs)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Well, the song WYWH is not that reprensatitive of Floyd (IMHO), because it's mostly acoustic...

I'd say "representative of a band's repertoire" to the mainstream public is more judicious.
    So, the most iconic PF song must be all 'electric'? Why so? I thought Wish You Were Here is acoustic and electric in equal shares.
    When I travel UK, - which happens almost every year, I foreknow I would hear somewhere on the streets or down on underground pass at least two well known songs - Hotel California and Wish You Were Here.
    Is it a mistake to use sometimes ' representative' as 'most recognisable' ?

as much as I love "Echoes" -- I would have to say "Shine On..." but only if we include all the parts.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Hey You!