Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best album per metal/hard rock band

the mariana hollow sounds cool but they have a gothic feel to their music and presentation which is not bad per se.they been called power metal, that clip has a real full sound to it also. sweet!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Headspace - prog metal from this year:

http://www.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm...?v=eENROyIB88w

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to post vids from my phone, but there are some of this band's vids at YT and links to other similar bands.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Agree with Headspace !

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    the mariana hollow sounds cool but they have a gothic feel to their music and presentation which is not bad per se.they been called power metal, that clip has a real full sound to it also. sweet!
    I asked each of them in my show to name one of their main influences, and here's what came up.

Lead guitarist: Opeth
    Rhythm guitarist: Alice in Chains
    Bassist: TesseracT
    Drummer: Pantera
    Singer: Human Waste Project

Mash that all together...maybe you get a little gothic.
    Progtopia is a podcast devoted to interviewing progressive rock, metal, and electronic artists from the past and present, featuring their songs and exclusive interviews. Artists interviewed on the show have included Steve Hackett, Sound of Contact, Larry Fast, Circus Maximus, Anubis Gate, Spock's Beard, and many more. http://progtopia.podomatic.com See you in a land called Progtopia!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Dude, you need educating! That song was number 1 in the Kerrang metal chart for months & so was the album. For your education Kerrang is a weekly heavy metal mag! Your re:to Blur just about sums up your knowledge of the genre!!!
    Oh dear, a person that can't handle opinions!!

Anyway, none of that changes the fact that Twin Atlantic are an alternative rock band, which for the record is what they call themselves, so don't take my word for it!!! Nothing they play remotely resembles heavy metal or hard rock

The person who needs educating is you, if you think Twin Atlantic are a metal band. And when I started buying Kerrang in the 80s, it focused soley on hard rock and metal, the fact that it now also covers indie and emo pop bands doesn't turn indie bands into metal bands!!!

Some more recent chick metal:

Fair to Midland. I can't recommend these guys enough. Great album oriented hard rock band from TX...

"Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak