Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Most unusual cover versions

That Genesis cover is amazing, weirdly faithful while being utterly different. I'll have to look into these guys.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    That Genesis cover is amazing, weirdly faithful while being utterly different. I'll have to look into these guys.
    They have done several covers, including Kansas stuff.

They have several Albums of cover versions and original stuff. Martin and Melanie are (or where) also members of some German Prog Bands:
    Flaming Row, Seven Steps to the Green Door and Frequency Drift.

They also have very good conections to international Pro Artists, so the Kansas cover posted by Rarebird also features the Drummer of
    Pain of Salvation

The Lady also used to sing for Italian Fok Prog band Corde Oblique

^^
    Which reminds me that Corde Oblique also did some cover versions of Anathema (same Lady as above singing)

Then there's Señor Coconut y su Junto, who perform Latin versions of - among other things - this:

Thats what we Germans do all day: If we don't drive on the Autobahn, dansen mer den Schuhpladdler in der Krachleddernen oder spuilen
    gescheit auf der Quetschkomoden :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Thats what we Germans do all day: If we don't drive on the Autobahn, dansen mer den Schuhpladdler in der Krachleddernen oder spuilen
    Which the Argentinians would be entirely familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Well sometime ago Amazon Germany made the suggestion I should buy a pair of Lederhosen. On the other hand, they also suggested some kind of dress.

I'm getting confused.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Which the Argentinians would be entirely familiar with.
    Don't underestimate the influence of German beer! Faster then you might think you will wake up wearing a Lederhosen

Live from Argentina:

I was recently reminded of the “frantic” version of “Tea for Two” by Libby Morris. Worth it for fans of, for example, Carol Burnett, and does a good job of deconstructing the song’s rather silly lyrics (it’s not just the “sugar cake” line, honey):

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Well sometime ago Amazon Germany made the suggestion I should buy a pair of Lederhosen. On the other hand, they also suggested some kind of dress.

I'm getting confused.
    My favorite find at the sadly shuttered Pinole Goodwill was a pair of Lederhosen, which I rather stupidly failed to buy.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

And a different version of Autobahn, that blows the Argentinian out of the water:

^^^Yes, in sheer musicality, it does "blow the Argentinian out of the water" - but that's really not the point of Sr. Coconut...

^^^Yes, in sheer musicality, it does "blow the Argentinian out of the water" - but that's really not the point of Sr. Coconut...
    I have to admit, I'm not really a lover of Latin American music, though I like some music influenced by it, like Joe Jackson.

We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

One of my favorites is, Michael Jackson, "Beat It", performed by Danish prog-metal band, Lemur Voice.

Including jazz breaks at 1:01 and 2:22, including some scatting and legitimate trumpet soloing.

Pretty damn fun!

And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Petra Haden (Charlie's daughter) does an a cappella cover of the entire The Who Sell Out album. Lots o' fun.

Quote Originally Posted by simon moon View Post
    One of my favorites is, Michael Jackson, "Beat It", performed by Danish prog-metal band, Lemur Voice.

Including jazz breaks at 1:01 and 2:22, including some scatting and legitimate trumpet soloing.

Pretty damn fun!

Danish?
    I think they were Dutch.
    The vocalist sounds a bit like Jon Anderson.

Yes, Lemur Voice is from The Netherlands. This cover was posted at least two times before, so yes, it's a favorite ;-)

Not sure if these Austrian twins have been posted here before ... they do a lot of pretty cool covers. They had a two-year residency at the Cavern Club, mostly doing Beatles covers, but they do a lot more. Their band seems to be really tight live.

They also have a couple of albums of originals