Thread: Unit Wail - Retort (with ex Shub Niggurath - Franck Fromy)

Unit Wail - Retort (with ex Shub Niggurath - Franck Fromy)

I'd like to recommend the new Unit Wail cd
    I feel this album is a big step forward in regarding to the bands sound- more organic more raw energy and so more convincing .
    Wayside Music :
    "Unit Wail is the the group which brought forth the long awaited return to music of Franck Fromy, who was the founder and leader of the rightly legendary dark French zeuhl band Shub Niggurath. The sound here is heavy and dark, but also modern, with laptop/sampling technology playing a strong part;"
    The line-up is Vincent Sicot-Vantalon (keys & all compositions), Philippe Haxaire (drums), Adrian Luna (bass), Emmanuel Pothier (synths) & Franck Fromy (guitar).
    "Propelled by a heavy rocking band, the music explores dark Crimsonian horizons, illuminated by Franck’s guitar.
    The sound is closer to modern, 00s heavy Zeuhl bands like Combat Astronomy and Ga'an. Propelled by a heavy rocking band, the music explores dark Crimsonian horizons, illuminated by Franck's guitar. Dark Zeuhl post-rock here."

I was browsing Wayside yesterday and noticed this. I added both of their albums to my list and will likely get them on my next order. Of the samples I heard, this is not the drony, repetitive music with chanting vocals type Zeuhl. This is much more intricate and interesting to me.

Bill

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just got it and only one listen in so far so a bit early to tell, but I like what I'm hearing so far. They seem to have found a really nice area of old school Shub/Zeuhl menace but with a modern twist. I liked the debut a lot, and their performance at SZ in Paris. I'm expecting to like this a lot.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

This is sitting here in the ever growing stack of albums that I need to listen to still.

First one was great. This is an auto-buy.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ok, 2 listens in, this is a clear winner, love it.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    It's in my car, ready to spin next time I drive.

High expectations.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Soundcloud not working on PE... had to click on Udi's link

Fairly different from what've heard at the SZ festival, IMHO.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.