Thread: Moon Safari Lover's End Pt. III

Moon Safari Lover's End Pt. III

In preparation for listening to the new Moon Safari CD, which I just got, I decided to listen to Lover's End Pt III once again before listening to the new one. I had only heard this CD in my car before listening yesterday on my home stereo system. The music is incredible........but the sound was not that good. Couldn't believe how LOUD the entire CD is. Had to turn the volume WAY down. Even then everything seemed very compressed and the treble was ear shattering. Very little bass.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this? I know my hearing isn't like it once was (I have tinnitus now), but other CD's sound fine on my home system. I'm interested to know if there are others that agree with me on the bad sound quality of the CD.....

erm, no - my CD sounds absolutely fine, on all systems. But I don't have tinnitus (yet!)
    Sorry!

Sounds good to me, on multiple levels. Simply one of the most exquisite epics ever and the sound doesn't fail it at all.

Must be my ears.....I LOVE THIS CD.....just sounds pretty tinny on my home system, others sound fine. I'll be ordering up new ears soon! (Wish I could)!

Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    In preparation for listening to the new Moon Safari CD, which I just got, I decided to listen to Lover's End Pt III once again before listening to the new one. I had only heard this CD in my car before listening yesterday on my home stereo system. The music is incredible........but the sound was not that good. Couldn't believe how LOUD the entire CD is. Had to turn the volume WAY down. Even then everything seemed very compressed and the treble was ear shattering. Very little bass.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this? I know my hearing isn't like it once was (I have tinnitus now), but other CD's sound fine on my home system. I'm interested to know if there are others that agree with me on the bad sound quality of the CD.....
    "Lover's End" is a massively compressed cd. It sounds terrible. Wonderful music though.

Having loved their previous albums when I got Lovers End III I was really disappointed with it. I hadn't noticed anything bad about the sound but really didn't like the music which sounded like Moon Safari by numbers. Their last album had the same effect on me, another band that are just remaking the same album over and over so no more for me.

I'd agree that Himlabacken Vol 1 wasn't quite up to previous standards (LE was exceptional) but I'm still looking forward to Vol 2...but hey - it's been 7 years!

moonsafari.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Wow, this baby is SO LOUD!
    And I was just wondering why I haven't returned to this CD basically since the first day I got it and listened to it for the first time. A tiring listening experience even on a good system (especially on a good system).

Another candidate for Remastered Edition in some distant future, alongside Bridge Across Forever and The Flower Power. At least it's in a good company!

P.S. Boys, you surely should be more easy on our ears these days!
    Last edited by Azol; 07-02-2020 at 04:18 PM.
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Azol View Post
    moonsafari.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Wow, this baby is SO LOUD!
    And I was just wondering why I haven't returned to this CD basically since the first day I got it and listened to it for the first time. A tiring listening experience even on a good system (especially on a good system).

Another candidate for Remastered Edition in some distant future, alongside Bridge Across Forever and The Flower Power. At least it's in a good company!

P.S. Boys, you surely should be more easy on our ears these days!
    Himlabacken Vol. 1 fixed that issue and had much better sound. A DR12 compared to Lover's End DR7.

Does anyone know if the USA 2012 cd or Japan 2013 cd editions of Lover's End fixed the compressed mastering that originally appeared on the 2010 Swedish cd?

Himlabacken Vol. 1 was released in 2013 with a DR12 so maybe so?

So there is a new Moon Safari CD?// About friggin time! Himlabacken was OK but I loved the previous albums far far more. What they did with the SYN was... confusing...

This band makes exquisite music that cries out for release on vinyl with improved dynamics. I'm not holding my breath, but the improved dynamics on the CD release of Himlabacken V. 1 gives some hope. Even CD remasters that are not brickwalled would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    So there is a new Moon Safari CD?// About friggin time! Himlabacken was OK but I loved the previous albums far far more. What they did with the SYN was... confusing...
    No, not yet although apparently they have done a lot if not all of the recordings for Himlabacken Vol. 2. I'm not sure why they aren't releasing it though I suspect it may have something to do with Simon's preoccupation with his a capella group Accent. They've been pretty active in the last couple of years.

Now only wishing they'll get the mastering correct the first time...
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic