Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keswick Theatre in PA - Parking and Restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Jeez, I could have met up with you at the D97 show. It seems like we have been to several shows and yet have not met up. I hope you don't think I'm some kind of a dick on here. LOL.
    Hey, that description fits me sometimes! Some of the things I post cause even ME to shake my head afterwards.

Looking forward to your review.....I think I know how it is going to read.

Hopefully we meet at the TA show!

Just curious, because of prior commitments I couldn't make it to the Steve Hackett show Saturday but a friend of mine who didn't have tickets and knows I've been to the Keswick many times asked me what I thought the chances were of finding a ticket outside the theater. I've always had good luck finding a ticket or two at the Keswick when I needed them but I wasn't sure what to tell him for this show, with two sold out shows I had a feeling the demand for tix might be far greater than any available tix and with it being a two hour drive for him I felt it could be risky but I didn't want to be in the position of swaying him one way or another so I told him what I felt and let him decide. So he decided not to drive the two hours with the possibility of not getting in....so I'm just curious, did anyone notice what the ticket availability was outside the theater on Saturday?

I didn't see anyone trying to sell tickets, and every seat seemed to be taken, so maybe your friend made the right choice. There likely were a few people trying to sell some tickets, but it couldn't have been very many. I did see people at the ticket window, but I think that was for future shows.

I see Transatlantic tickets are on sale this Tuesday. I'm real curious how many tickets they will sell for this. I don't expect a sellout since it's a big place, but should be a good crowd.

I went last night, Saturday. I didn't have tickets until Thursday. I paid a premium but I felt better driving the 2 hours and having seats.

My motto is "'there's always a ticket, usually two".

Great night with Jimmy G, Lila and Diane.

And my 1st time visiting PE in a longtime! I used to be here everyday but when the new format came in I just didn't find the time to keep up with it.

JR

Thanks for the headsup on the TA on sale date!

TA at the Keswick is very good news indeed. I think they're going to have to book more than one date, too. That's going to be a hard ticket to come by, methinks.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Scott, I have to say MAYBE TA could sell out one show at the Keswick and that's a big maybe. Two? Probably not.

But to be honest I'd be surprised if they even sold out one show. I don't see TA being much bigger(if at all)than Marillion and I don't think Marillion could sell out at the Keswick. Heck, even Greg Lake and Keith Emerson didn't sell out at the Keswick when I saw them there. As for TA selling out there I'll believe it when I see it.

Scott, I have to say MAYBE TA could sell out one show at the Keswick and that's a big maybe. Two? Probably not.

But to be honest I'd be surprised if they even sold out one show. I don't see TA being much bigger(if at all)than Marillion and I don't think Marillion could sell out at the Keswick. Heck, even Greg Lake and Keith Emerson didn't sell out at the Keswick when I saw them there. As for TA selling out there I'll believe it when I see it.
    I don't see a sellout happning at all. Could they sell a thousand tickets, whcih wouldn't be close to a sellout? I can see that happening. I wont wait very long to buy my tickets however, just to be on the safe side.

Yes, they can sell a thousand....they pretty much packed the TLA last time and I think that venue holds 1,000 or close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    I see Transatlantic tickets are on sale this Tuesday.
    Where was this announced? The Keswick site doesn't mention anything, nor does the TA website.

I don't see a sellout happning at all. Could they sell a thousand tickets, whcih wouldn't be close to a sellout? I can see that happening. I wont wait very long to buy my tickets however, just to be on the safe side.
    Actually a thousand tickets is close since the Keswick holds about 1,300. I remember seeing Porcupine Tree there in 2005 and they filled up about maybe 900 seats which made it well over half way full. There were still maybe three to four hundred empty seats but it was cool to see a band like them fil it up like that. It was sort of like they became big over night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post
    Yes, they can sell a thousand....they pretty much packed the TLA last time and I think that venue holds 1,000 or close to it.
    I wonder how many of those people are actually "prog fans" however you want to define that.

Hm..I guess I underestimated the Keswick's capacity.

Well, that's good news for me!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Why do you like bigger shows? Usually I don't. But if you mean it's better to over estimate than under estimate then I'd agree. In other words I'd rather have the venue be too big with a few people there then too small and have it sell out too fast.

I guess I wasn't clear.

It's not that I like bigger shows - I didn't realize that the Keswick held that many people.

And I always like to see the acts I like sell-out their shows. I like to see them be successful.

That said, most theaters are the perfect size, and I very much prefer a theater show to an arena or stadium.

Too many acts that I like never tour the U.S. because they can't afford it, so it's encouraging when someone like Hackett or Transatlantic can play here.

Why do you like bigger shows? Usually I don't. But if you mean it's better to over estimate than under estimate then I'd agree. In other words I'd rather have the venue be too big with a few people there then too small and have it sell out too fast.
    I don't consider theaters too big at all. And a prog show with a packed house? Always nice to see, since it doesn't happen often enough. Personally I hate seeing any empty seats at shows.

I didn't see anyone trying to sell tickets, and every seat seemed to be taken, so maybe your friend made the right choice. There likely were a few people trying to sell some tickets, but it couldn't have been very many. I did see people at the ticket window, but I think that was for future shows.
    Well, I got sidetracked for a couple of days but thanks for the info, my friend really feels bad about missing the show so he will probably feel better about his decision knowing the chances of getting in were slim to none. I'm not too happy about missing the show either but I knew well in advance I would be missing it. At least there will be the DVD to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Prog_nosticator View Post
    I went last night, Saturday. I didn't have tickets until Thursday. I paid a premium but I felt better driving the 2 hours and having seats.

My motto is "'there's always a ticket, usually two".
    Yeah, I agree, I've gone to many many shows through the years at the last minute without tix and always had confidence I'd get in, only maybe 2-3 times out of several dozen shows did I not get a ticket, but for this show I just felt the demand would be much greater than the amount of tix that might be available therefore really decreasing the chances of finding a ticket, especially with a two hour ride. If it was a 20-30 minute ride I'd say by all means take the chance and check it out