Thread: Collage announced for RoSfest 2014!

Collage announced for RoSfest 2014!

Collage announced for RoSfest 2014

We are overjoyed to announce that Polish band Collage will perform at RoSfest 2014. This fine Polish band were one of the pioneering neo progressive bands, formed back in 1985 and with four classic albums to their name released during the 1990's. Their specific style, with the guitar style of Mirek Gil as a strong mark of identity, and unique melodic songwriting of both band founders and leaders Wojtek Szadkowski and Mirek Gil made them a household name among just about everyone with a specific interest in neo progressive and symphonic progressive rock back then.

Collage disbanded in 1996, and the principal members have since formed other bands that have gained a strong following: Believe, Satellite and Strawberry Fields the best known of these. One might say that Collage inspired and to some extent fuelled what is today described as the Polish progressive rock scene, their specific take on this type of music one that have inspired a plethora of Polish bands, this in addition to the bands that was formed by its members after they disbanded. Come 2013 and the members of Collage decided that it was time to reform the band. Karol Wrobleski (vocals), Mirek Gil (guitars), Krzyś Palczewski (keyboards), Piotr Mintay Witkowski (bass) and Wojtek Szadkowski (drums) are back together again, with a new album in the making and an initial small tour in the planning.

CL.jpg

We are especially proud that the official reunion concert of Collage will be at RoSfest 2014. For such a classic band with such a history, it is a true honor that they will be performing their reunion concert as the Saturday night headliner at RoSfest 2014. A historic event for us, our audience and the band.

www.facebook.com/CollageProg
    www.rosfest.com
    Iggyrawks

RoSfest
    May 2nd, 3rd & 4th 2014
    www.rosfest.com

Ambition: THE ONE WHO SAYS IT CAN'T BE DONE IS GENERALLY PASSED UP BY SOMEONE DOING IT

Excellent choice!! Rosfest 2014 is looking to be quite memorable!!

Library Jon

I have yet to go to my first prog festival. After hearing this announcement, I'm in serious debate with myself.

Got to get myself to a Rosfest. This could be the one. She-who-must-be-obeyed allows me one fest a year (ProgDay), though she did relent last year when I went to Terra Incognita, and that was only because I said that the Geezer bullied me into going with him.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

YOU WILL GO TO ROSFEST IN 2014!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!

Suzie is going, and Josef & Blue are seriously considering it.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Well hell, if all the cool people are doing it...
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Wow! Finally, after being underwhelmed by the lineup so far, a band that has me excited about RF! Oh, I still planned on going, but I wanted there to be at least one band I'm familiar with and already enjoy, but have never seen live. Funny, I generally love when RF goes outside the world of neo-prog for this fest, yet it's a booking of a neo band that gets me excited. Granted, it's one of the very best neo bands, and one that crosses into symphonic territory now and then. Wonderful news!

[QUOTE=Iggyrawks;165544]Collage announced for RoSfest 2014

Karol Wrobleski (vocals), Mirek Gil (guitars), Krzyś Palczewski (keyboards), Piotr Mintay Witkowski (bass) and Wojtek Szadkowski (drums) are back together again,
    QUOTE]

That's 4 out of 5 from the mk II Moonshine & Safe lineup plus the vocalist (Wroblewski) from Believe. No Robert Amiran!

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Got to get myself to a Rosfest. This could be the one. She-who-must-be-obeyed allows me one fest a year (ProgDay), though she did relent last year when I went to Terra Incognita, and that was only because I said that the Geezer bullied me into going with him.
    Maybe I could get Geezer to bully me into going. At this point, It wouldn't take a lot of arm twisting.

Banned
    Damn, I have to wait 7 long months for this

Quote Originally Posted by gibberish View Post
    Maybe I could get Geezer to bully me into going. At this point, It wouldn't take a lot of arm twisting.
    OK! DAMNIT! Get your Manitowoc butt in gear!

If you've never been to Rosfest, you owe it to yourself to go at least once. The camaraderie between the musicians & the fans is quite a surprise the first time you experience it. I've hung out with and had conversations with more prog musicians known here than I can even name. Kay & I have driven from Madtown to PA the last 7 years, and as long as our Simple Minds are both "Alive & Kicking" next Maywe'll be doing it again.

Since we're both 68, we don't know how long we can keep it up, but we've only slowed down a little up to now.

If you want to talk about the specifics of Rosfest, PM me. If you ever get down to Madison, we can certainly meet for a drink as well..
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

I'm pretty sure it's time for a road trip come May. That was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by gibberish View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's time for a road trip come May. That was easy.
    Consider yourself bullied.
    Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Consider yourself bullied.
    I suppose you could say that. Thanks to geezer for that. I'm thinking that I could be in for a special time in May. I'm guessing that you will be making the trip, as well, Lopez?

Mirek Gill was here last year with Believe. Some tasty guitar licks.

You should definitely come this year, Lou. I promise you the Geezer knows plently of ATM machines in the area that work
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

And if they don't, Tony has already said that he'd be glad to bankroll both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Tony has already said that he'd be glad to bankroll both of us.
    Well, then, considering Canadian money is worth more than American, I guess I'll be cranking up the Toyota Nimbus 2000 and will be going to Rosfest next year. Now I've got to go, hat in hand, to ask she-who-must-be-obeyed.
    Lou

Sure.....I'm the guy who when I open up my wallet, the Canadian Prime Ministers on the money start screaming, "OH MY GOD!!!THE LIGHT!!!!!"
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

OK, now there are two bands I'm excited about for Rosfest. I mentioned it in their band announcment thread, but I'll say it here too. Thank You Scientist was terrific at the NJ Proghouse gig yesterday. Still not thrilled about Caravan, but Collage and Thank You Scientist will put a smile on my face next May.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Only two bands of interest to me so far, Caravan & Thank You Scientist, and I've seen them both within the last couple of years. Need something else to pull me in or I may skip next year & focus on RIO and ProgDay.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm looking to go to Rosfest next year. When do they typically have have the last TBA bands announced? I've heard that Camel is making another go at it. Andy Tillison mentioned that he would be open for an invite to a festival. Haken would be cool to see.