Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animals As Leaders

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    have you guys checked T.R.A.M -Lingua Franca?
    On the short list of things to listen to.

I've liked AAL for a few years now. I probably like Chimp Spanner even better. All good.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Love that first AAL CD. Totally over compressed, but excellent regardless. Bulbs drum programming is the best I've heard. It was this genre that gave me the idea that maybe you could create good music without a real drummer. There are many critics out there that bash this approach, I don't see it that way, I just see it as either good or bad music.

TRAM is awesome. I consider it to be a different take on fusion. That Suicidal Tendencies guy on drums blows it all to pcs! I wouldn't mind a real bass guitar rather than usual AAL 2x8 strings.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    So....saw Animals as Leaders last night. Damned good set. Cool backlighting too. New material sounded very good live, should be a big win for their fans for sure when released shortly...

Openers were seriously varied...first band was Chon, kind of a more jazz/rock thing. Next one was a 1-man thing on V-Drums doing breakbeats and whatnot. Impressive for simply being very, very different...not something I'd probably listen to at any other time though.

Main opener was After the Burial...death metal djent. Damned heavy and damned well played. Would have scared away many of the peeps here, if I'm being honest I was amused because the venue had several "no mosh, stage dives" signs about but the band kept winding the crowd up, telling them to go nuts and all that. Goooood times.
    After the Burial are awesome! I hope they are on the CA leg. No Mosh, Stage Dives is pussy!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    ...their music has moments of heaviness but it never really gets that dark. they avoid all the minor key cliches in rock/metal. i like the term adventure metal that has been used to describe their sound.
    But I like that kinda stuff

but seriously, I've encountered the name AAL ever since I was a toddler grandpa, and while checking out Tesseract and Chimp Spanner I had another encounter with AAL in the form of vids that came up with searches for those 2 bands. So I finally decided to give them a listen. So far so good (not a Megadeth reference) with the s/t release.