Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transatlantic plays CalProg

Transatlantic plays CalProg

Calprog.com just announced that Transatlantic will play Los Angeles on January 31, 2014. Tix on sale this Saturday at www.calprog.com

I'm sure the "official" announcement will follow shortly.

Got my e-mail today.. Saw them at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco on the Whirlwind tour.
    Transatlantic live cannot be missed!!
    If anyone knows of a hotel within walking distance of the venue, please let me know.
    Thanks Jim!!

NEEBS!

I'm glad it's a Friday and not in the middle of the week. My chances of attending are pretty strong!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Holy shoot! Now the question is if they will be playing any of the newly recorded material. What was the release date for that, again?
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Azol View Post
    Holy shoot! Now the question is if they will be playing any of the newly recorded material. What was the release date for that, again?
    The new album is slated for January 2014, but no official release date has been announced yet, as far as I know.
    I can't see them not playing some new stuff.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Way cool for CA and congrats Papa Jim....

Quote Originally Posted by Azol View Post
    Yes, I expect they'll be playing most of the new album on this tour. Sounds like the album is nearing completion and the tour was scheduled to happen right after its release. Sounds like North America the first week of February (anyone have any word on dates after the CA opener on 1/31?), and they put aside time for South America too, though I don't know if that's happening yet. Then their ProgNation cruise in late February, and Europe in March. Might be the biggest TA outing ever!

Looking forward to new music!

Looking forward to the tour.

Montreal - L'Olympia February 6.

Quote Originally Posted by the illusionist View Post
    Got my e-mail today.. Saw them at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco on the Whirlwind tour.
    Transatlantic live cannot be missed!!
    If anyone knows of a hotel within walking distance of the venue, please let me know.
    Thanks Jim!!
    The venue looks like its four blocks from Dockweiler Beach and four blocks from LAX Airport. It's at the El Segundo High School campus, so its in a residential area. But the proximity to LAX provides a number of hotel options close by, with a very short taxi drive.

PJ may know better.

Rock & Brews is nearby on Main St. They have a decent selection of craft beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Montreal - L'Olympia February 6.
    If there's no Toronto date (and I doubt there will be), I'll probably have to hit this show. Saw them in Montreal in 2010 at The Metropolis and they were fantastic! I've been to L'Olympia several times now, so that's familiar territory for me as well (seen nine Marillion shows over three weekends there ).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The beloved Best Buy theater is probably in the cards.

We will be there!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The beloved Best Buy theater is probably in the cards.
    As is probably the TLA.

Sold out TLA last time, but I can't see them doing any bigger. Could go to Troc or Keswick.

Quote Originally Posted by ampevents View Post
    Sold out TLA last time, but I can't see them doing any bigger. Could go to Troc or Keswick.
    A place with seats is welcome! Although I enjoy standing at concerts, a TA show is 3+ hours long, plus the time standing waiting for the band. I loved the Whirlwind show at the TLA but standing that long was brutal! Keswick would be better in my opinion.

^Agreed!

We're working on a "host" hotel with a CalProg rate. Stay tuned.

The venue is new to us, but when Jim and I checked it out, we loved it. It is a beautiful old theatre but most importantly, it has had a very big technical makeover so the lights, etc., are right up there in my book. The parking is plentiful and free in the lots and the streets. It is in a nice little neighborhood. Parts of Superbad were filmed there.

...but screw Superbad! Transatlantic is coming!!!! We get to host the rehearsals, too. Always a great time. Because my husband is doing the Making Of Documentary, I've heard the album. Holy Freakin' multi-colored Moly!!!! That is all I can say.

We will be busy as all get-out because the week before, we have Stickmen/ Aristocrats in Whittier, then rehearsals all week for TA, then the show. Viva la Prog!

Tickets go on sale this Saturday bright and early only at http://calprog.com

How bright and early again?????

Quote Originally Posted by Neeebs View Post
    How bright and early again?????
    8:00 AM when it's bright but still early

Reserved seating in LA??

^ I could tell you but you could click on the link and find out. (The answer is if it is a CalProg show you always get a chair)

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    ^ I could tell you but you could click on the link and find out. (The answer is if it is a CalProg show you always get a chair)
    Always assigned seats....

Tickets are on sale NOW and the premiums are almost sold out so better hurry. Plenty of standard seats (assigned) left.