Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Inkenstein's (Superfly) Art

Here's another addition to my festive holiday collection. "Santa's Little Helper", aka...Fuckles The Clown!
    FucklesTheClown.jpg
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Surely there's absolutely no dichotomy between your art and your love for sunshine pop.

BTW, Fuckles rocks!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

interesting...

Who is the body lying off the to the side of the picture? This leaves a l lot to the imaginaton, and is totally cool album type work.... The only problem is 4.5 X 4.1 inches. How does anyone express themselves in such a small space? Your Clowns are twisted sick little bundles of humor...

Really amazing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    interesting...

Who is the body lying off the to the side of the picture? This leaves a l lot to the imaginaton, and is totally cool album type work.... The only problem is 4.5 X 4.1 inches. How does anyone express themselves in such a small space? Your Clowns are twisted sick little bundles of humor...

Really amazing stuff.
    Thanks, I'd love to do more album art. So far I've only seen two see an actual release date. So any bands read this "I work cheap!" and can nail your idea better than some, as well as most and it will look unique, not like one of those Dream Theater wannabe's that all look alike to me (unless you want to blend in with the crowd).

Some new stuff coming soon as far as art goes, and a major change for my web address. In the very near future inkenstein.com will be a thing of the past, the new site, which will be my permanent web address will be www.renfrostudio.com I've got a temp setup and hope to have something solid soon, time permitting. There's an Inkenstein Tattoo Company in AZ and I get confused with them a lot now, so that shit has got to end. Renfro Studio, located here in beautiful Bangor Maine, with a CD collection to die for!

Here's a little critter that I've started messing with: Behold; Sampson Quinn Jasper Floyd Merriweather III.
    Sampson.jpg
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

On the false pretense that I want to see my old Lewiston-Auburn haunts, I gotta start working on Kay for a warm weather trip to Maine!

I'd love to see ALL the things you've done, Wil.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

I've followed your stuff since the old days - really nice work . . . my son digs it too !!!

I have a few pieces on loan to 'The Surreal Grotesque", an online magazine that's free to download. The PDF version looks good. It's the Conspiracy Theory Issue and Dancing With The Scars is on the cover, there are some old favorites inside as well. You can get it here: http://www.surrealgrotesque.com/ Some wacky stuff for sure. It's already gotten me another illustration gig. Tell you about that when it's official. Thanks for checking out the work, you guys are great.

Here's an updated version of Sampson...thinking about painting this in grayscale.
    sampson2.jpg

Currently working on a series of illustrations for the novella 'Green Tsunami' by Bram Stoker award winner L.L. Soarse and his wife Laura Cooney. It's being published by Smart Rhino Publications. Here's the first piece that was accepted for publication: 'Dead Balloon Head in the Road' aka...Roadkill.
    Roadkill.jpg

Here's illustration #2 for Green Tsunami "Bicycle". I knocked out the penciling in one long Scott Walker fueled sitting today.
    bike2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Here's illustration #2 for Green Tsunami "Bicycle". I knocked out the penciling in one long Scott Walker fueled sitting today.
    bike2.jpg
    AAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!

Here's another new piece. It's called "Roger the Dodger the Sod" rogerdodger.jpg

Here are a couple that you probably haven't seen before that were too big for the scanner. Nick took the photos for me. (Thanks Nick) "Skullcandy" and "Through the Veil". Skullcandy is all watercolor, a spontaneous explosion self portrait. Through the Veil is watercolor and ink and was inspired by a dream I had about a demon trying to break through the veil between the waking world and the world of the dead. Both are about 12 years old or more.
    skullcandy.jpggrinn.jpg

And the hits keep on coming!

Those are great!

I got the 25th anniversary Cemetery Dance several weeks ago. I pulled it out of the pile on my desk, as I must have put it there when it arrived in the mail and forgot about it. I flipped through, and there you are on pages 62 and 63. Nice stuff, Will.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I just had a senior light bulb moment! You're taking about half of the Walker Bros. & I'm talking about Wisconsin's fascist governor (hence the aaaaaccccccckkkkk).

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I just had a senior light bulb moment! You're taking about half of the Walker Bros. & I'm talking about Wisconsin's fascist governor (hence the aaaaaccccccckkkkk).
    Say what? You really are having a senior moment posting that one in here. But I do love me some Scott Walker...NOT the governor!

I had a dream the other night. And in this dream, a woman was giving birth to these things. This work in progress is currently called "Triplets". Their individual names are; Barry, Maurice and Robin.
    triplets.jpg

I had a dream the other night. And in this dream, a woman was giving birth to these things. This work in progress is currently called "Triplets". Their individual names are; Barry, Maurice and Robin.
    triplets.jpg
    You have one sick mind, Will. And I love every bit of it! (By way, did you dream who dad is? H.P. Lovecraft maybe?)
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Luigi, I heard a rumor that Mr. S. Fly keeps his sick mind in check by listening to High Llamas, Free Design, Karen Carpenter etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    You have one sick mind, Will. And I love every bit of it! (By way, did you dream who dad is? H.P. Lovecraft maybe?)
    The Lovecraft Triplets it is!! That's what I'm calling it from now on.

I'm going to try posting these again since I screwed it up the first time. Here are all four of the "Green Tsunami" illustration. Written by L.L Soarse and Laura Cooney, and soon to be published by Smart Rhino Publications.

DeadBalloonHead.jpgbike2 (2).jpgmelonhead.jpgherb&angela2.jpg

Here he is in all of his glory; Sampson Quinn Jasper Floyd Merriweather III. A character in search of a story. How many dots and dashes do you think are in the stone work?
    SampsonQuinnJasperFloyd.jpg

68,731?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    68,731?
    Beats the shit out of me...I didn't even try and keep count. So your guess is as good as mine

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I got the 25th anniversary Cemetery Dance several weeks ago. I pulled it out of the pile on my desk, as I must have put it there when it arrived in the mail and forgot about it. I flipped through, and there you are on pages 62 and 63. Nice stuff, Will.
    Thanks Lou. You're in Mass? We're practically neighbors. It's a very rare thing for me to get any feedback on the Cemetery Dance work. The most I've ever heard from Richard Chizmar is "Looks great! Thanks." But, he keeps inviting me back which is thanks enough! Was that the story about the wrestling dummy? Loved that one. There's another two page spread as well, the one where everyone is exploding or on fire. Good family entertainment.