Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Inkenstein's (Superfly) Art

Banned
    Is it Steven King?

Great stuff, BTW. Do you accept commissions?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Is it Steven King?

Great stuff, BTW. Do you accept commissions?
    It is supposed to be Stephen King. I figure, he lives right down the road from me for part of the year, I should honor his work is some small way. Still not sure if I've got the eyes right, but it's a work in progress. I do occasionally take commissions. Mostly for book illustrations and sometimes album covers. It really depends on the requests.
    "And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the penis of an alien?"

Banned
    ^^^
    I think it looks great. I just had'nt seen the actual man enough to sure.

This piece is evolving quickly:

sk4.jpg and then... sk7.jpg
    Last edited by Captain Geech; 04-28-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    "And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the penis of an alien?"

The final scan before I start in with color and ink...gnarly good fun!

sk8.jpg

"The Great Bean Of Happiness"

bean4.jpg

"The Great Bean Of Happiness" ~ Finished:

bean6.jpg

Here's a couple of new pieces I'm working on in addition to the King piece.

alien2.jpg guitar2.jpg
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Still trying to come up with a title for this one...any suggestions?

Sk10.jpg

King And His Court?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Here's the final scan of the Stephen King piece. Keeping the color palette simple was the biggest challenge for me. I ended up call it: "The Nightmare Factory".

sk13.jpg

Well folks...it's time to let this thread fade and die for good. It's been fun sharing my work with you all, but it's time to move on. You can still find me on FB and my wix site ( https://renfro666.wixsite.com/rabidrenfro ) . E-mail is still renfro666@outlook.com. Thank you all for your time and patience. Goodbye.

bigdaddysfabulousfreakshow.jpg umbrella.jpg Brotherhood2.jpg Cluster3.jpg Shroomsville322.jpg
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

Apparently, these threads never really die out. So, hey, welcome back. Here's what I've been up to recently:

The Bell (2).jpg tunnel.jpg Cluster8.jpg alien7.jpg BIOMECH4.jpg

...and a few more from the abstract side of things. these are all done with ink:

κέντρον.jpg swirl2.jpg bridge.jpg convergence.jpg redorbs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    ...and a few more from the abstract side of things. these are all done with ink:

κέντρον.jpg swirl2.jpg bridge.jpg convergence.jpg redorbs.jpg
    Thanks for sharing.
    My first thought was that first one was called China Crisis

Dude. Rad stuff.
    The Bell looked like something out of Elfquest. Love the intricacy and symmetry in the first batch.
    The ink pieces are wonderful. I love Convergence.

Here are two new pieces. "I'm Bugged" was the last painting I did before the world changed forever. "B-Movie Madness" was done over the last three weeks.

bug3.jpg madness5.jpg

Last week I licensed this painting to be used as an album cover to one of our fellow PE residents. I would name them but I'm not sure that's appropriate. But I would like to publicly say a heartfelt THANK YOU for thinking of my work and reaching out to me. What you didn't know, was that the day before I received the email, I was informed at work that I was being furloughed for up to five months, after which I may or may not have a job anymore. I have worked for Hanger Clinic for 14 years and have been an orthotic/prosthetic technician for 39 years. Strange times we are living in. Thank you all for viewing and enjoying my work. Stay safe out there and I'll keep it coming.

corruption.jpg

This piece is the first one I created after the world changed forever. I call it "Minefield of Memory" and it is done with watercolors.

memory3.jpg

My current work in progress, inspired by current events. "Harvest Of Souls"

souls3.jpg ...and finished: souls4.jpg
    Last edited by Superfly; 05-31-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Here are my newest works of art. I've been furloughed from my job for 5 weeks now...not sure when I'll be going back. But I've been busy working on these things to keep as me sane as possible. Enjoy.

center.jpg blueberrysky.jpg greenworld.jpg dandelions.jpg touch3.jpg

I will leave you with this one last illustration. This is my tribute to H.P Lovecraft and it is called "Howard". It was done using watercolors and ink and was painted in grayscale. Enjoy.

HP4.jpg

I see no point in posting here anymore. It's kind of a dead zone. But you can contact me through facebook, the link is in the signature. Fare thee well oh kind Sirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I see no point in posting here anymore. It's kind of a dead zone. But you can contact me through facebook, the link is in the signature. Fare thee well oh kind Sirs.
    Ah, that's a shame. I know there aren't many reactions on your posts lately, but for me I always love to watch your wonderful art. Anyway: good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Ah, that's a shame. I know there aren't many reactions on your posts lately, but for me I always love to watch your wonderful art. Anyway: good luck!
    I like your artwork, but it is perhaps a bit hard to tell this everytime. You also have posted some things on the Post something cool threat and I think I've replied on those. I hope you keep posting your artwork here. Just because I don't reply, it doesn't mean I don't like it, just that I don't always know what to say.

Well, I always thought that if this thread hit 100,000 views, I'd post something new. So here are a few you may not have seen before. Left to right, "Big Frankie" - "Trans Target Requiem" - "The Anger Party" - "The MechaDevin Jellybean Jubilee" - and "Rick & Morty". Enjoy.

franko2.jpg spiraling4.jpg blob4.jpg bugboy4.jpg RM4.jpg