Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Inkenstein's (Superfly) Art

Lurking I am.

I'm sick of saying the same fawning shit over & over.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Since this thread is still getting hits on a regular basis...here's my newest piece of art; Thalidomide Jeremy. He's a fun lovin' little fella with a passion for Zappa and little baby doughnuts. Enjoy.

tj2.jpg

The Holy Filth CD's arrived this week...pretty cool don't ya think? This is my third hard copy CD cover, the other two were digital only which isn't nearly as much fun. A lot of people don't think it makes a difference, but from my perspective it certainly does.

14361266_10157376703410246_7164008956290621127_o.jpg
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Nice!

PE name crisis, Captain Fly?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Nice!

PE name crisis, Captain Fly?
    What can I say...I get bored easily.

layersofthought.jpg
    "And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the penis of an alien?"

It's hard to believe that this thread has had over thirty one thousand views...Steve, don't you have anything better to do? I know, I said I was going to let it die, but what the hell, here's something else that's from the vault. This one came from the mid 1990's and is called 'Cyberchrist In Tomorrowland':

cyberchrist2.jpg
    "And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the penis of an alien?"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Geech View Post
    It's hard to believe that this thread has had over thirty one thousand views...Steve, don't you have anything better to do? I know, I said I was going to let it die, but what the hell, here's something else that's from the vault. This one came from the mid 1990's and is called 'Cyberchrist In Tomorrowland':

cyberchrist2.jpg
    IN a word, no.

This one took a while to complete. It's called "The Gordian Knot" and it is done with watercolors and pigment liners. Enjoy the hallucination.

knot2small.jpg
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

I don't want you to start thinking like some senior citizen's svengali, but.......

Several people have already told me that this is the best thing I've done so far...well...who can say...but I will say that it makes me think "Umbrella". I'm not sure why. As usual, watercolors and ink. Enjoy!

umbrella2.jpg

A case can be made for a question mark.

You don't need any more positive reinforcement from me.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM "FUCKLES THE CLOWN"

fuckles.jpg

Here's another from the festive 'Creepy Christmas' series:

snowman2.jpg

All that's missing is the audio featuring the voice of the guy who voiced Gollum in the Tolkien movies going "Ho Ho Ho".

Here's the finished piece; "Seasons Greetings from Sammy the Snowman"

snowman3.jpg

Here, finished a little over an hour ago, is "EMBRYO" (the return of Baby Prismatica). Watercolor and ink on paper. Questions? Comments? Enjoy.

embryo.jpg

For anyone who's interested in my art, I'm selling off a lot of my work at a very reasonable price. I'm calling it my 'artistic yard sale'. A few pieces have already been sold but there's a lot left. I'm selling the past away so to speak. It's just a lot of history I don't need anymore. So stop by, look around, and if nothing else, enjoy the show. Thanks to everyone here who's given me positive feedback over the years. Here's the link:

http://renfro666.wixsite.com/rabidrenfro/art-for-sale

...and now...here's Rizzo the Skateboard King!
    rizzo2.jpg

Here's a trio of covers I've done that actually made it to CD.

cd's.jpg

I was going to just let this thread die, but I've been doing some really interesting paintings lately. Maybe you'll agree...or not. This one is an experiment in black and white using only black and white ink. At this point, my old style of painting, tightly controlled, intricate renderings of freaks geeks and weirdos, has given way to something more free form. abstract and dramatic. So, for those of you who don't go to facebook, I'll continue to post them here. This one is called: "They Hung Their Lights In The Trees".

blacklight1.jpg

^^^ I like it! Very haunting and atmospheric.

I'm probably as familiar with your art as anyone else on PE, Mr. R, and the fact that your changing muse has all the subtlety of a Mack truck when it comes calling is certainly consistent with my (albeit limited) sense of you.

I guess that was ambiguous enough to clarify that it was intended as a compliment.

I'm probably as familiar with your art as anyone else on PE, Mr. R, and the fact that your changing muse has all the subtlety of a Mack truck when it comes calling is certainly consistent with my (albeit limited) sense of you.

I guess that was ambiguous enough to clarify that it was intended as a compliment.
    OMG! Best compliment of the year, Thanks Steve.

Did I already show you guys these? I can't remember...

corruption.jpggreenworld2.jpgmilkyway.jpgtracers2.jpg

Finally finished! This was originally going to be just pen and ink, but this story kept evolving (while painting in my studio with my grandson) about the Contessa buying up all the color in the world...almost all, for herself. The fire hydrant is very pleased here because Rusty, in his haste to free his bladder, enabled our little yellow friend to be released from a world gone gray. Meanwhile, the working class looks on, with a hope that they too would someday feel the warmth of the overlords rainbow tears. ...someday... Enjoy.

contessa2.jpg

Contessa looks a bit like 2017 Katy Perry.

Contessa looks a bit like 2017 Katy Perry.
    Damn...and I was shootin' for Miley Cyrus...on acid!