Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEATURED CD: Rare Bird - Epic Forest

Yes there was a rip of the US record on YouTube a while back and to my mind, that was obviously correct. I've no idea what happened to the UK version. ISTR you saying that one can actually hear the tape slowing down on the UK 'God Of War' and sure enough, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Esoteric box en route with all their output.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...5-6cd-box-set/

Has an extra live disc from Drury Lane. This was a show they shared with Barclay James Harvest- their first live album was partially recorded (and filmed) at this gig.
    Thanks for posting this, something to look forward to. Only hope the box will be available on this side of the pond as well.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I suppose it's too much to hope for that the remaster of the first album will be free of the tape speed issues that afflicted the original UK pressing and all CD releases. To date, the only way to hear that album properly is the US vinyl.
    They seem pretty diligent with their reissues so I am hopeful. Perhaps someone from Cherry Red reads posts here or to make sure it may be worthwhile to send them your exact message ... so we all get it the way it should be.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Steve Gould has a great rock voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Killer voice. So overlooked.
    Treat yourself on Bandcamp Friday: THE HIPCRIME VOCAB enthusiastically available!
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com

I have the first few albums but I didn't like what I heard from the later Polydor albums so I didn't bother with those. It seemed the sound softened a lot. Early on they were capable of quite a heavy sound despite being guitar-free.

I do like the Fields album a lot. An excellent melodic progressive rock album.

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    They seem pretty diligent with their reissues so I am hopeful. Perhaps someone from Cherry Red reads posts here or to make sure it may be worthwhile to send them your exact message ... so we all get it the way it should be.
    It's probably already been manufactured. There has been little discussion that I've seen about this obvious speed discrepancy beyond Mister Triscuits' posts on the subject. And it's not even a slight difference, if you hear the US version.
    Last edited by JJ88; 1 Week Ago at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    One of the best imo
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone