Thread: Recommend something from these three...

Recommend something from these three...

Terje Rypdal
    French TV
    Ramases

The first two I've heard songs here and there but never a whole album; the last one I never heard anything from, I just know the guys from 10cc were in that group. So if y'all can describe the music/albums of these three and post some vids that would be helpful.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    Terje Rypdal
    French TV
    Ramases
    Hey. These may appear bonafide with those in the know, but my choices would be Whenever I Seem to Be Far Away, The Violence of Amateurs and Space Hymns respectively.

The Rypdal album (from 1974) features his symphonic fusion at its most desperate, ecstatic and longing (side 1) and a modernist chamber piece (side 2), whilst the French TV one (1999) is arguably their most consistant work donning the overall best production values of their entire catalog. As for Ramases, their post-psych hard rock songwriting definitely peaked on said release IMO, although I suspect some would care to differ.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

For French TV I would recomend the live album "Live Yoo Hoo" (I think that is the name of it).

Steve Sly

Thanks everyone, will check out the recs.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off