Thread: Popsike.com for CDs?

Popsike.com for CDs?

Does anyone know of a site similar to popsike.com for looking up past results of Ebay sales? Trying to value CDs through only the last 30 days of ebay results or discogs is not the easiest task

eil.com gives some good ideas of prices

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Uh ... no. Eil is a store.

The site he wants is Worthpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    Eil is a store.
    And an overpriced one with a lot of "Not in stock"
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

Uh ... no. Eil is a store.

If you think so ...

Not recommended as a guide to CD prices, IMO.

Popsike for CDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Pr33t View Post
    Does anyone know of a site similar to popsike.com for looking up past results of Ebay sales? Trying to value CDs through only the last 30 days of ebay results or discogs is not the easiest task
    The response might come a bit late, but now there is CollectableCDs.com which keeps historical auction sales for CDs, Cassettes and many more formats.

http://www.collectablecds.com

REALLY? Resurrecting a THREE year old thread just to advertise your own sales site?

Mods, this is a blatant abuse of more than one of the PE rules.

Looks like a valuable source of information. Link saved. Thank you.

First time I've been able to check on a 90125 reel to reel I have laying on a shelf here.

edit: some other sales sites are good for info on spotting fakes : http://www.minilps.net/fakes for Japan fakes for example.
    Last edited by tom unbound; 10-06-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    If you think so ...

Not recommended as a guide to CD prices, IMO.

stores are not good reference points for prices unless you are an insurance company trying to pay out as little as possible. case in point-some sites list my book at over 30$. I would not pay that for my book.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

This is helpful. I see bootleg CDs, as well. Nice to see sale prices instead of asking prices.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Eil.com is overpriced, and not representative of the actual market value. I've been on their mailing list for years, and apart from memorabilia that you can't get anywhere else, I'd advise waiting and purchasing somewhere else.

REALLY? Resurrecting a THREE year old thread just to advertise your own sales site?

Mods, this is a blatant abuse of more than one of the PE rules.
    Wow, you clearly didn't pay any attention when looking at this site. Nothing is for sale there, it shows past action results, which is exactly what I was asking for.

Thank you to the site owner to answering my question, no matter how long it took. It is quite helpful, but how far back to the auction results go? I'm not seeing anything earlier than July of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Eil.com is overpriced, and not representative of the actual market value. I've been on their mailing list for years, and apart from memorabilia that you can't get anywhere else, I'd advise waiting and purchasing somewhere else.
    Agreed, Eil is pretty much worthless. Constantly see their overpriced items listed on ebay at twice the going rate. I'm always shocked that places like that can stay in business.

Wow, you clearly didn't pay any attention when looking at this site. Nothing is for sale there, it shows past action results, which is exactly what I was asking for.

Thank you to the site owner to answering my question, no matter how long it took. It is quite helpful, but how far back to the auction results go? I'm not seeing anything earlier than July of this year.
    Thanks for the compliments.
    I was thinking about a site similar to Popsike for other formats and found this thread, so I thought I could let people know about it

Right now I'm not making anything out of it.

I just started the site some days ago and eBay does not allow access to data older than about 3 months.
    Patience with any site glitches, please, as I am developing and adjusting things continuously.
    Any suggestions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    Looks like a valuable source of information. Link saved. Thank you.

First time I've been able to check on a 90125 reel to reel I have laying on a shelf here.

edit: some other sales sites are good for info on spotting fakes : http://www.minilps.net/fakes for Japan fakes for example.
    Good to know about sites that help spotting fakes. I might as well add a Links section to add such useful links!

Quote Originally Posted by CollectableCDs View Post
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    Sorting options? It would be nice to sort search results by price. Keep up the good work.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Agreed, Eil is pretty much worthless. Constantly see their overpriced items listed on ebay at twice the going rate. I'm always shocked that places like that can stay in business.
    And, just to prove my own point: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camembert-El...p2054897.l4275

$30 max for that album.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Sorting options? It would be nice to sort search results by price. Keep up the good work.
    The sorting options are already in place. Not in the landing page, where just the latests additions are shown, but they are in the rest of pages. Let me know if you still don't find them.
    Last edited by CollectableCDs; 12-27-2015 at 04:44 AM.
    The new Price Guide for Vinyl, CD and more: ValueYourMusic.com

ValueYourMusic for all formats

A short note to let you know the website URL has recently changed to ValueYourMusic.com and also that it keeps auction history for ALL formats, including Vinyl Records.
    The archive has about 2.5 million entries now.
    Give it a spin and let me know how do you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by CollectableCDs View Post
    The sorting options are already in place. Not in the landing page, where just the latests additions are shown, but they are in the rest of pages. Let me know if you still don't find them.
    Last edited by CollectableCDs; 07-01-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Checking this out for the first time... bookmarked!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

uhh... why not discogs?
    you can find just about any pressing and each has stastics like lowest, median and highest sold, and how many users have it in their want list. Doesn't get much better imo.

https://www.discogs.com/

Because there are many records, CDs, tapes, you name the format, which are sold outside Discogs and have never been sold on Discogs, and because there are many of those not catalogued on Discogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
    uhh... why not discogs?
    you can find just about any pressing and each has stastics like lowest, median and highest sold, and how many users have it in their want list. Doesn't get much better imo.

https://www.discogs.com/