Thread: The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You

The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You

Anybody else love Neko Case?
    Anybody else think her work just keeps getting better and better?
    Anybody else crazy about her new LP?
    Anybody else planning to see her on her current tour?

I have one older Neko Case album that I think is great. Will have to check out the new one.

I heard one of the new songs on NPR and it was fabulous.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Wow, I thought that was a new album title from Explosions in the Sky. not familiar with Neko Case's music, though I have seen her name a lot.

I've spun this one a couple of times and suspect it will grow on me. Out of the gate, though, it hasn't grabbed me as much as Fox Brings... or Middle Cyclone, both of which are go to albums when I can't think of anything else I want to listen to. I think the second half of this new album is stronger than the first half. One thing I do like is that this is a relatively short album, including the 3 bonus tracks it's only 46 minutes. Much as I love Middle Cyclone it get a little long for me in one sitting and not because of the half hour field recording at the end.

I will say if you like what you've heard of Neko through the years, you probably won't be disappointed with this one.