Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: JETHRO TULL - "Benefit" 2CD/DVD remix Collector's edition Oct. 28th

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    "+ 100-page book"

>>>>>> FONDLE ALERT LEVEL YELLOW <<<<<<

Jed….preorder is up at Burning Shed.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Jed….preorder is up at Burning Shed.
    Thanks! I might wait to see if Laser's Edge is all over this like a mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thanks! I might wait to see if Laser's Edge is all over this like a mofo.
    Ken said he will stock it

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    "+ 100-page book"

You could do a blind A/B drag test of this vs. the small book and see if there's a difference.

"+ 100-page book"

"what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

New Tull album in '22 also....I'm still a tad excited for that too - not sure how many more new things Ian's gonna create....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    New Tull album in '22 also....I'm still a tad excited for that too - not sure how many more new things Ian's gonna create....
    At least he is trying to create, vs another band making tons on regurge.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Ken said he will stock it
    I panicked and ordered it from ImportCDs. I'm listening to the Tanglewood concert now. It kind of blows my mind that they played at Tanglewood. I know Tanglewood was a "pops" type place, but still. Beethoven et al were probably rolling in their graves during that drum solo. I saw a couple of concerts at Tanglewood back in the day - the first time probably wasn't far from 1970.

BTW, the reason I came here is to ask if Dharma for One on the Tanglewood show contains bits of Locomotive Breath and Aqualung, or am I imagining it?

I'm enjoying the set a lot, but haven't listened to the 2nd CD with all the single mixes, etc. Hey Lorne, what did you think of that disk? How essential is it? Did you do a review of this? You must have - I'll need to reread it if so!

Hey Lorne, when do you estimate we'll have hard info on the contents of the Broadsword book edition? Now THAT'S something to look forward to! In fact, what's your guess as to release date?

Hey Lorne, when do you estimate we'll have hard info on the contents of the Broadsword book edition? Now THAT'S something to look forward to! In fact, what's your guess as to release date?
    42 studio songs in total I think. Unless they’re all bonus tracks lol. July 17th my guess.

At this stage I’ll say we’ll get 30 finished studio tracks plus 12 early versions of songs from the Broadsword, Walk into light and Under wraps eras

Beastie
    Clasp
    Fallen on hard times
    Flying colours
    Slow marching band
    Broadsword
    Pussy willow
    Watching me watching you
    Seal driver
    Cheerio
    Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow
    I'm Your Gun
    Down At The End Of Your Road
    Too Many Too
    Jack-A-Lynn
    Motoreyes
    Rhythm in Gold
    Mayhem Maybe
    Overhang
    Crew Nights
    The Curse
    Commons Brawl
    No Step
    Drive on the Young Side of Life
    Lights Out
    Jack-A-Lynn (home version)
    DJ Dream
    Honest Girl
    Inverness Sleeper
    Me Dinosaur

Hopefully all with great sounding drum tracks as mixed by Mr Wilson
    Last edited by PROGMONSTER; 12-26-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PROGMONSTER View Post
    At this stage I’ll say we’ll get 30 finished studio tracks plus 12 early versions of songs from the Broadsword, Walk into light and Under wraps eras
    Could they include songs from those sessions and/or B-sides, etc. from singles those albums?

Could they include songs from those sessions and/or B-sides, etc. from singles those albums?
    Yeah if they’re early versions recorded in 81 and 82. Most of the remix sets have an early version of a song on a future album

In fact, "Too Many Too," "I'm Your Gun," and "Down at the End of Your Road" were all b-sides associated with Crest of a Knave (from the 12" version of "Steel Monkey") and given 1987 copyright dates, although they were all 1981 recordings. "Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow" was a 1986 b-side (from the "Coronach" single), but again was actually from 1981.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Release date is July 2022. It's all done, they are just finalizing the small details now. No track list revealed yet, but I'm told it is to be the biggest one yet, which is no surprise considering the enormous amount of music recorded in that 1981-82 period. Ian recently said he's not able to comment on further volumes in the series as they haven't discussed how far to take it or whether Wilson will be available to do them.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

A small silver lining to this plague......SW won't be able to tour and instead stay home and take the next JT vault scour.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    A small silver lining to this plague......SW won't be able to tour and instead stay home and take the next JT vault scour.
    It’s been great lol. He was meant to stop at stormwatch but now we have 2 more done. He’ll have plenty of time to do Wraps, Crest and Rock. 2-3 year gaps between albums

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    In fact, "Too Many Too," "I'm Your Gun," and "Down at the End of Your Road" were all b-sides associated with Crest of a Knave (from the 12" version of "Steel Monkey") and given 1987 copyright dates, although they were all 1981 recordings.
    The Ministry of Information site has a report that they played "Too Many Too" and "Down At The End Of Your Road" in the first show of the 1982 tour. They also played "Too Many Too" in the later 1982 dates where Paul Burgess played drums.