Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rush - Clockwork Angels tour DVD/Blu-ray November 19th

Rush - Clockwork Angels tour DVD/Blu-ray November 19th

Looks to be a good one. In lots of Christmas stockings this year no doubt!

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2013...-for-pre-order
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Do Rush hold the record for DVD releases ?

Great band but this won't be in my xmas stocking !

I'll buy this, but does the world need THREE (3!) separate drum solos??? I don't think so.

I'll grab the CD release.

I wasn't wild about the CD, but I'm playing at a festival this Saturday, and will hang around
    for Fred Barchetta, a Points North (instrumental rock band) Rush side project.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Do Rush hold the record for DVD releases ?
    I don't know who does, but it ain't Rush. Marillion's got them beat for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    I'll grab the CD release.
    I'm curious as to when the separate CD release will be listed. I'm going to go for the full blu-ray/CD package personally since I missed this tour and I'd like to check out that documentary (although I'm disappointed it's so short). But I know some people will only want the audio portion, so hopefully it's a decent price.

Before all this, of course, we kick off the fall with the Vapor Trails remix, which I hope ships on schedule!
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Anyone have a problem with the sound on just about all of Rush's live albums? To me it sounds like they just plug too much crowd and air into them. Every time. It's a minor complaint I suppose but I always feel like they could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Anyone have a problem with the sound on just about all of Rush's live albums? To me it sounds like they just plug too much crowd and air into them. Every time. It's a minor complaint I suppose but I always feel like they could be better.
    I would agree, the sound on many of their live ones seems to be a lot muddier than it should be. I recently picked up the "Time Machine" tour live album and it seems like it could have been mixed a lot better.

Steve Sly

I'm in, of course. Didn't see the tour because of ticket prices but the new album and songs they performed are all worthy of the Rush canon. Plus, the orchestra. Should be a good package.
    "Moustache stays right where it's at" - Clutch

the cost of the DVD & CD's will be cheaper then tickets & fees. and you can watch it over and over. of course i'll buy it, but Rush sound too much like their studio recordings live.

All around the world. On land and in the sea.
    The was my first Rush tour, so I plan to buy this.
    Check out Colouratura's sophomore release Unfamiliar Skies - out this spring on Melodic Revolution Records!

colouratura.bandcamp.com

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Some juicy details:

AUDIO AND VIDEO RELEASES INCLUDE EPIC VERSIONS OF SONGS RARELY PERFORMED AND NEVER-BEFORE CAPTURED ALONGSIDE NEWLY REWORKED ARRANGEMENTS SPECIFICALLY FOR THE CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR;
    BLURAY/DVD INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE BACKSTAGE TOUR DOCUMENTARY, SOUNDCHECK FOOTAGE, AND TOUR FILM OUTTAKES IN ADDITION TO THE 3 HOUR CONCERT FILM

Rush have unveiled details for their first new recording since being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year. On November 19th, “RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR” will be released simultaneously via Anthem/Roadrunner Records on CD and the companion BLURAY/DVD on Anthem/Zoe Vision/Rounder.

“RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR” was filmed and recorded last November at the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas, during Rush’s highly successful Clockwork Angels Tour. The eleven month-marathon world tour crossed North America twice and ventured overseas to Europe in support of the band’s acclaimed 2012 studio release “CLOCKWORK ANGELS.”

In capturing the tour’s electrifying three hour set, “RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR” pairs Rush classics (“Tom Sawyer,” “The Spirit Of Radio,” “2112″), with a nod to the 80′s Rush era (The Analog Kid,” “Territories,” “Subdivisions”) alongside newly reworked arrangements specifically for the tour featuring the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble (“Headlong Flight,” “YYZ,” “Red Sector A”). The string section marks the first time the trio has brought additional musicians on the road with them. To showcase their latest studio release, the epic set list also features nine tracks off “CLOCKWORK ANGELS.” Other highlights include tracks rarely performed and never before recorded live (“The Body Electric,” “Middletown Dreams”), in addition to three separate drum solos by the incomparable Neil Peart.

Beyond the incredible live performances, the DVD includes a 25-minute tour documentary titled “Can’t Stop Thinking Big”, featuring interviews with all 3 members, exclusive and behind the scenes footage, and offers a glimpse into the inner workings of the Rush tour machine and insight into the band members themselves.

RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR
    Release date: November 19th
    DVD (Anthem/Zoe Vision/Rounder)
    CD (Anthem/Roadrunner Records)

Set One:
    Subdivisions
    The Big Money
    Force Ten
    Grand Designs
    The Body Electric
    Territories
    The Analog Kid
    Bravado
    Where’s My Thing?/ Here It Is! (drum solo)
    Far Cry

Set Two:
    Caravan*
    Clockwork Angels*
    The Anarchist*
    Carnies*
    The Wreckers*
    Headlong Flight*/ Drumbastica (drum solo)
    Peke’s Repose (guitar solo)/Halo Effect*
    Seven Cities of Gold*
    Wish Them Well*
    The Garden*
    Dreamline*
    The Percussor (I) Binary Love Theme (II) Steambanger’s Ball (drum solo)
    Red Sector A*
    YYZ*
    The Spirit of Radio

Bonus:
    Limelight (soundcheck recording)
    Middletown Dreams
    The Pass
    Manhattan Project*

*With the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble

SPECIAL FEATURES (BLURAY/DVD ONLY)
    Can’t Stop Thinking Big (25 min tour documentary)
    Behind The Scenes (featuring Jay Baruchel)
    Outtakes
    Interview With Dwush
    Family Goy
    Family Sawyer
    The Watchmaker (intermission tour film)
    Office Of The Watchmaker (closing tour film)
    A natural autobuy for me, since I saw this tour. Also a very nice touch to include the alternate tunes:Middletown Dreams, The Pass and Manhattan Project* as a bonus. Sweet.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    The was my first Rush tour, so I plan to buy this.
    And possibly your last... I just don't see this band releasing another album a few years down the road and embarking on yet another world tour. I truly believe this to be their swan song...

The new album didn't really blow me away, but my biggest beef with these guys is the production on their latest discs. I'm just not a fan of the zillion-track big bombastic sound...by any band. However, I have a felling that seeing them play it live , with an orchestra, might be worth owning; and I'm always fascinated by behind-the-scenes documentaries, so I'll probably pick this one up.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    I'll buy this, but does the world need THREE (3!) separate drum solos??? I don't think so.
    I usually skip the drum solo when watching a Rush concert DVD, but in this case I'm pretty sure they are 3 "shorter" solos worked into the middle of songs, as opposed to the usual single grand statement from "the professor".
    "Moustache stays right where it's at" - Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    And possibly your last... I just don't see this band releasing another album a few years down the road and embarking on yet another world tour. I truly believe this to be their swan song...

The new album didn't really blow me away, but my biggest beef with these guys is the production on their latest discs. I'm just not a fan of the zillion-track big bombastic sound...by any band. However, I have a felling that seeing them play it live , with an orchestra, might be worth owning; and I'm always fascinated by behind-the-scenes documentaries, so I'll probably pick this one up.
    That & their live audiences have been gradually shrinking !

THREE Peart drum solos!?

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    THREE Peart drum solos!?
    I see that as 3 piss breaks!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

What's that? Has their appeal, ahem, become "more selective"?

Rush has been the ultimate stadium rock band for SO-LONG (30 something years), I can't even imagine them playing smaller venues. Although, if they did, I would actually go see them. I am perfectly happy buying all their concert videos and watching it all from the living room. But I would never go to a stadium rock show.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Great band but this won't be in my xmas stocking !
    How do you know? Maybe you've been bad this year!

I'm looking forward to this, as they skipped NYC again on this tour.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 09-19-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Shrinking? Based on what? I saw them twice this last tour in the same small state of CT. Both shows were packed. Same as the last 2 decades, but there were definitely more woman and kids in the audience than there were in the '90s (my first Rush show was RtB).

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    How do you know? Maybe you've been bad this year!

I'm looking forward to this, as they skipped NYC again on this tour.
    Did they? i haven't seen them for the past since S&A tours and probably wouldn't on account of them ALWAYS playing Jones Beach. No RCMH shows? That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomview View Post
    Shrinking? Based on what? I saw them twice this last tour in the same small state of CT. Both shows were packed. Same as the last 2 decades, but there were definitely more woman and kids in the audience than there were in the '90s (my first Rush show was RtB).

Of course i can only comment on the crowds in the UK . They're still playing arenas but are only half full !

Bummer in the UK, but the arenas are still very full in the US and S.America (at least according to Rush in Rio).

Jon Neudorf
    It was pretty much a sold out show in my neck of the woods.

Regards,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomview View Post
    Bummer in the UK, but the arenas are still very full in the US and S.America (at least according to Rush in Rio).
    It's already been 11 years since Rush in Rio