Thread: Christine McVie to join Fleetwood Mac onstage for the 1st time in 15 years

Christine McVie to join Fleetwood Mac onstage for the 1st time in 15 years

Kinda akin to when Waters said Gilmour will be joining him onstage for one tune during The Wall tour. (Except of course DG had not retired from the music business.)

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/72656 -

Stevie Nicks has said that Christine McVie will definitely be joining Fleetwood Mac for a couple of dates on their forthcoming UK tour.

Former band member McVie, who retired from the music industry in 1998, will likely be appearing with the band on 'Rumours' track 'Don't Stop', a song she wrote. Nicks told BBC Radio 4's Woman's Hour earlier today (September 13): "She is going to come and do a song on the second two shows. I think it will probably be 'Don't Stop'. I don't know, but she's coming to Ireland to rehearse with us." The full interview will be broadcast on Monday (September 16).

The second two shows of the tour take place at London's O2 Arena on September 24 and 25. Earlier this month, it was revealed that McVie was open to performing live with Fleetwood Mac when they returned to Britain. Speaking on BBC Radio 2, host Johnnie Walker said he had been in contact with McVie and that she is still interested in the idea. "I did put the question: 'Christine, is there any likelihood you might join Fleetwood Mac on the UK shows?'" said Walker. "She said, 'If they ask me, I'd play.'"
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

If only Peter Green and Danny Kirwan could get themselves together, I'd be excited.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured
    Speaking on BBC Radio 2, host Johnnie Walker said...
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Saw this & apparently she's going to do a song on two shows on the tour ? I can't get exited about it!
    Last edited by Rufus; 09-16-2013 at 09:25 AM.

She needs to rejoin the band on a permanent basis. Say You Will really lacked her input. If they are planning a new album, which I think they are at least discussing, then she needs to re-up!

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

If she does get on the stage sometime during the tour,I hope she'll get to perform Songbird ,one of her classic songs,and sung so well on Rumours.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    She needs to rejoin the band on a permanent basis. Say You Will really lacked her input.
    for true
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    If only Peter Green and Danny Kirwan could get themselves together, I'd be excited.
    WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by KELLY WELSH View Post
    If she does get on the stage sometime during the tour,I hope she'll get to perform Songbird ,one of her classic songs,and sung so well on Rumours.
    Love that song.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    WTF???
    Couldn't care less about the current band, though I do like Christine's songs generally.
    Then Play On was the best FM album IMO. Live recordings of the Green/Kirwan FM band
    are spectacular. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    She needs to rejoin the band on a permanent basis. Say You Will really lacked her input. If they are planning a new album, which I think they are at least discussing, then she needs to re-up!

Bill
    For me "Say You Will" was the best album they had done since "Tusk" back in the day. I loved the fact that Buckingham basically got about half the album to do what he wanted which worked to my ears. I did not miss McVie's contributions all that much.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    For me "Say You Will" was the best album they had done since "Tusk" back in the day. I loved the fact that Buckingham basically got about half the album to do what he wanted which worked to my ears. I did not miss McVie's contributions all that much.

Steve Sly
    Did I ever mention that Christine Mcvie went to the same school as me?
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Did I ever mention that Christine Mcvie went to the same school as me?
    No, I had no clue.

Steve Sly

Banned
    BuckinghamNicksCover.jpgAll I want to hear is Buckingham Nicks released on CD or DVD A. Since 2013 is the 40th anniversary, both artist have suggested that this is the year. Maybe it's being held for the Christmas season.
    Last edited by Firth; 09-16-2013 at 09:24 PM.

thats good news for us fleetwood fans,shame bob welsh killed himself.i would have loved to see that kind of reunion

vlcsnap-2013-09-16-05h48m23s122.jpg