Thread: Laurence Vanay cds coming soon!

Laurence Vanay cds coming soon!

Within the next two months . With MANY bonus tracks.
    (I have not been so anxious since finding out Maeve Gilmore (wife of Mervyn Peake) finished the 4th book of the Titus "trilogy".)

"Galaxies" ,74 lp is likely at the top of my massive lp wantslist. I will never have this rarity, so the cds are much-welcomed.

This "prog secret" has been kept in the dark much too long. "Galaxies" is the sexy, calming voice of Jacqueline Thibault, wife of Laurent Thibault (Magma & solo lp). Dreamy keys. Total aural bliss.

Also scheduled for release are the previously unreleased, "assumed" lps, "Les Soleils de la Vie" and "La Petite Fenetre", so unreal-rare as to have been heard by only a select few.

Good news. While I’m not crazy about Galaxies, I would be interested in a CD re-release. Vanay’s compositions are skilful and her keyboard excursions are quite lovely, though the music, apart from the bit of fuzz guitar and Tull-style bronchitic flute on “Le couer lourd”, is hardly rock. More likely “progressive space chanson”, slightly dated in the best possible way.

I'm also very excited about all of these Vanay reissues from Lion. I managed to get a news item out about this on Wednesday, with links to the original "request" as it were.

http://cdreissuewishlist.blogspot.co...ming-from.html

News of the year!!! Probably amongst the most waited reissues...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I've been waiting for the Lion re-issues with baited breath since they got on to their "upcoming releases" page. So great to get an anticipated release date! Galaxies and Evening Colours are two special, magical albums.