Thread: Two New Rascal Reporters Releases Coming Soon

Two New Rascal Reporters Releases Coming Soon

Hey, folks

A bit of good news for Rascal Reporters fans (like me):

Hebbardesque Records, the label imprint created by Steve Gore and Steve Kretzmer in 1980, is pleased to unveil two new Rascal Reporters albums via Bandcamp.com:

'Bonus Tracks, Vol. 2' is the latest in our series of Rascal Reporters compliations. Consider this to be the weirder companion piece to 'Vol. 1,' which we released in June of this year. They're all represented here: rarities, outtakes, unreleased demos, and alternate versions that span the Michigan duo's 34-year career, culled from the band's reel-to-reel tape archive. This installment of the series focuses on early demos, spooky remixes and maniacal performances by Steve Gore and Steve Kretzmer; an archival grab-bag of weird pop songs, prog-rock puzzlers and sound-on-sound tape experiments.

The other new Rascal Reporters album is an astonishing recording that we've entitled 'Elegant Decay (Live at Oak Park High 1976).' Normally considered to be a studio-only group, this release is taken from the band's penultimate live gig (their next was in 1985!), at their Detroit-area high school, on April 14, 1976. 'Elegant Decay...' will shatter any preconceptions of what these young musicians were capable! At times sounding rather like the Canterbury Scene legends Egg, the Rascal Reporters (operating at that time as a trio called Pigling Bland) confounded an audience of their fellow students that day, and we have the proof on tape!

Both albums will be released exclusively at Bandcamp.com on September 24, 2013.

As always, all proceeds from official Rascal Reporters music (like these albums) go directly to the musican(s) and their families in Michigan. More archival releases to come in 2014, stay tuned!

Rascal Reporters - 'Bonus Tracks, Vol. 2'

Rascal Reporters - 'Elegant Decay (Live at Oak Park High 1976)'

Rascal Reporters - 'Bonus Tracks, Vol. 1'

Rascal Reporters - "Psychlops (Complete)" [single]

Rascal Reporters - "Psychlops (Complete)" [t-shirts]

Available at: http://rascalreporters.bandcamp.com/

Join us on Facebook:
    http://2ty.cc/hnujb

THANKS,
    Brian D.

A celebratory bump to announce that I've finished these two releases 100%, and I couldn't be happier with them. I hope there are a few other Rascal Reporters fans out there who as excited by this archiving project as I am!

Brian D.

These two new releases are now available (ahead of schedule) at: http://rascalreporters.bandcamp.com/ !

Spent the afternoon with Bonus Tracks Vol. 2 - really enjoyed it on first listen. Great work Brian D (and the two Steves of course!).

Thanks Richard! Btw, I really love your new album, keep up the excellent work!

Thanks Steve - you're welcome & I'll try! Great minds and all ... while you were typing this, I just posted on the main page as things seem to get a bit lost here, I think

bravo!!!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...