Thread: Rolling Stones HBO document

Rolling Stones HBO document

Crossfire Hurricane. Featured vintage footage of the Stones with new interviews (cameras were not allowed into the interview room, so only audio of old Stones). It was awesome. Nothing earth-shattering, nothing ground-breaking, but just great footage of the Stones being the Stones, and it's really making me want to listen to everything back-to-back.

If you have HBO, definitely check it out.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although I thought it was weird they ended it where they did, leaving out the most recent phase of the band's career.

Yeah, I need to see this. Just did a listen to one of the live recordings and I love how when they hit that last ballad of the night and the band then just rips through a string of rockers to close the show.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

There's a documentary of the Stones' '65 tour of Ireland playing on the Audience channel as I type. Hilarious scene of kids crashing the stage and one kid taking over Jagger's mic, singing and dancing. Today, he'd be bludgeoned half to death within fifty yards of the stage....
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

My interest in the Stones is very hit and miss starting with It's Only Rock n Roll. But like pretty much everything before that. Still, I'd like to see this film. When can I anticipate it being on Blu-ray?

Glad to hear it was good. I'm hoping he DVD will be out soon.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.