Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flower Kings - "Desolation Rose" released October 28th

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Question: Banks of Eden--is the 2 CD set worth the effort and money to pick up?
    Yes, a good couple of extra tracks on there.

Quote Originally Posted by tallliman View Post
    Yes, a good couple of extra tracks on there.
    I agree. CD 2 is essential.
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

I will buy this sound unheard.

I'm out. I think the Flower King's have been making the same album since Retropolis. If I put one of 'em on, I can't tell which record it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    I'm out. I think the Flower King's have been making the same album since Retropolis. If I put one of 'em on, I can't tell which record it is!
    Every time I eat a peanut butter sandwich it tastes the same. But for some reason I keep eating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    And you're a guitar player?
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Smörgåsbord View Post
    I agree. CD 2 is essential.
    also agree. I really like Going Up

i wasn't too impressed with the last one...it seemed a bit too faux majestic and precious in that by-numbers symphonic way...i'd like another album that has stylistic shifts a la Rainmaker, Unfold The Future, or Adam And Eve.

I came across their fan club CD's c/w magazines the other day whilst rummaging in the garage . Don't think i ever played them ? Anything worth listening to on them ?

Banned
    The house on the new Flower Kings album cover reminds me of the house on the cover of Nursery Cryme.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    You are right, they have been touched before by TFK in almost every album but, it seems to me, always from a humanist perspective. The same goes with their songs about religion.
    Humanist? I don't think so. TFK's lyrics seem way too spiritual to me. Humanists are atheists and don't believe in anything spiritual or religious or superstitious or anything not backed by science.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Every time I eat a peanut butter sandwich it tastes the same. But for some reason I keep eating them.

Yeah there's some pizza places near me that make great pizza. Every time I go there it's the same great pizza. I must be a glutton for punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    The house on the new Flower Kings album cover reminds me of the house on the cover of Nursery Cryme.
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    The cover art kinda reminds me of Paul Whitehead's illustration of The Fountain Of Salmacius inside the Nursery Cryme booklet. I'm buying it.

Dude, you keep saying that. How many times are you going to keep repeating yourself? Are you really that attention starved that you need to keep saying the same thing until someone responds to your thread? I just did. Happy now?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Dude, you keep saying that. How many times are you going to keep repeating yourself? Are you really that attention starved that you need to keep saying the same thing until someone responds to your thread? I just did. Happy now?
    I said to different things. I first noticed that the front cover to the new Flower Kings CD has what looks like the Salmancis creature on the inside of the Nursery Cryme cover. Then, I noticed that the house on the front cover of the two albums is similar, too(this was when I stared at the front cover to the new FK CD for the second time). That's two different things. Thank you for being not such a jerk. I guess I had it coming.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I hope its its very pointed political commentary, otherwise why bother.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Humanist? I don't think so. TFK's lyrics seem way too spiritual to me. Humanists are atheists and don't believe in anything spiritual or religious or superstitious or anything not backed by science.
    I guess Roine would have to explain what he means then. Humanist is a word he's used many times to describe where he's coming from.
    <sig out of order>

Humanism shouldn't be equated with secularism or atheism. Humanism is a broad church (pun intended).
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Looks like they confirmed a Special Edition CD (with 8 ! bonus tracks) on Facebook today:

Album comes as standard Jewel case
    Mediabook with xtra8 track bonus CD.
    Vinyl LP box with all of the above and insanely cool artwork by Silas Toball.
    I mixed in the bonus tracks of Banks of Eden into the cd proper and think it makes a much better flow for my listening. Need to do the same for Sum of No Reason.

Will there be an epic on the bonus tracks?

Is the title inspired by the Dylan album?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Is the title inspired by the Dylan album?
    It's not a Dylan album title. Desolation Row is the closing song on Highway 61 Revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    If by SE you mean Special Edition, this place says there is:

http://justforkicksmusic.com/detail....id=16531&lid=2

They also have a 2LP + 2CD edition (which I hope doesn't include any content - musical or printed - that isn't included in the 2CD edition):

http://justforkicksmusic.com/detail....id=16533&lid=2
    Shipping to the US of the LP is 29 euro from this site. I'll have to find an alternative.

From Facebook - Pre-Orders up on the TFK site: http://flowerkings.se/merchandise.php

I've just ordered mine (2 disc of course) , hopefully I'm in first 200 (which will be autographed)

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    From Facebook - Pre-Orders up on the TFK site: http://flowerkings.se/merchandise.php

I've just ordered mine (2 disc of course) , hopefully I'm in first 200 (which will be autographed)
    Thanks for update and link. Ordered the LP/cd edition.

To me, LP + electronic download or USB memory stick makes more sense, if it were available. I rip any CD to files anyway.