Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robert Plant - Pictures at Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    I saw him in '88, which I believe was the Now and Zen tour, and they opened with In the Evening. The Mission (UK) was the support act, having just been produced by JPJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Fanx , i thought i was going mad !
    There's a YT video of reherasals for the '88 tour that has them doing the intro to In the Light. No time to find it and post right now.

Honestly, it's has been a long time so my memory is fuzzy too.

Yes, as I said in an earlier post, he played In The Evening. Perhaps he switched them in different nights? But In The Light would be highly unlikely, I would think.

i saw this tour and remember that it was IN THE EVENING, not IN THE LIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    i saw this tour and remember that it was IN THE EVENING, not IN THE LIGHT.
    I saw the tour as well and he at least did the "intro" to In the Light segueing into Nobody's Fault. Granted it wasn't the whole song, but I know I'm not crazy either.

Go to the 4:32 mark.

Cool, thanks for posting that! I remember that show being the first time I'd seen someone with a faux piano/organ enclosure with a modern MIDI keyboard stashed inside.

Wow, that video also led me to an entire Plant & Page show from the Unledded tour.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Pretty good interview with Percy

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Thanks to this thread I discovered new UNRELEASED solo Plant tracks! Your reminder about "Far Post" sent me looking for it on iTunes to download, and I saw that Robert had released "Nine Lives" several years back, a complete box set of all his recordings. It includes several unreleased tracks, some of which are damn good! I picked up "Turnaround" from the Principle of Moments sessions with more great Phil Collins drumming on it, "Rollercoaster" and an acoustic version of "Great Spirit" from the Fate of Nation sessions, along with a really nice acoustic number "Colours of a Shade". All excellent tracks that easily could have been on the albums themselves. If you're a big Plant fan, be sure to check out that "Nine Lives" box set and find some new/old gems!