Thread: Zappa - Roxy by Proxy

Zappa - Roxy by Proxy

ARE WE EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    That's not a question?

perhaps as in "Boy, ARE WE EXCITED!" ?

that WAS a question

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

When can it be ordered and from whom? Is ZFT selling it? I was a little confused on that point.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    When can it be ordered and from whom? Is ZFT selling it? I was a little confused on that point.
    The soundtrack has been available for pre-order from ZFT for couple of months now. Last time I checked there still wasn't a definite ship date.

Hopefully soon, as they took my money already.

A condensed single disc - but they gotz my money already too!

I was about to order this until I saw shipping to the UK was $14.70!! F*ck that!

Anyway to get it sent at a reasonable cost or will any UK suppliers stock it?

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    will any UK suppliers stock it?
    http://www.gandsmusic.com/

Thank you that man!

So the DVD is just never going to happen then, or...? What about those people who donated $1000 to the project?

I'd love to see some of the '73 shows with Ponty.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    So the DVD is just never going to happen then, or...? What about those people who donated $1000 to the project?

According to the ZFT, the CD is the precursor to the DVD getting released. I seem to recall them sending an email blast last year suggesting that the CD would be relased by the end of 2012 and the DVD by the end of 2013. Obviously they've missed those goals. As with any information regarding the Roxy/DVD...I'll believe it when they start taking pre-orders and then actual ship them.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    The next release, coming later this year, Road tapes #2, will be from Helsinki 1973, with Ponty.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    The next release, coming later this year, Road tapes #2, will be from Helsinki 1973, with Ponty.
    Drooling for that. Everyone is playing according to Mr. Travers. The set lists from those shows are just so good. Always love hearing Farther O'Blivion

I presume that something will appear around the time of the 200 Motels performances in LA and London, i.e Halloween.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    $28 to get a single CD to my house? Pretty steep.

It's a constant flow of complaints on many zappa boards - the price - the shipping is usually the culprit. I dont mind most of the time if they keep releasing sweet stuff though.

I AM EXCITED???

and I just preordered. seriously cannot wait for the ROXY DVD to come out, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    It's a constant flow of complaints on many zappa boards - the price - the shipping is usually the culprit. I dont mind most of the time if they keep releasing sweet stuff though.
    Man, that's where I am. 30 bucks is a drop in the bucket in the long term.

Waiting for the DVD and hopefully blu-ray.

This just in :
    "Dear People of Earth with Roxy By Proxy Pre-Orders on their minds,
    We sincerely regret to inform you that we are experiencing delays in the manufacturing process so we will be shipping to you somewhat later than we stated previously. Sometime within the next 2 weeks we will notify you once again with an actual shipping date and we can all experience the excitement together all over again. Thank you for your continued support for this project. We are also pleased to inform you that the MOVIE will be ready in time for the ZPZ Show at the Roxy on the 40tieth anniversary of FZ's Performances there.
    xxx

the barfies"

I take this to mean that the movie should be premiered (at the Roxy ?) on 7th december 2013. DVD / BluRay ? later, maybe, I presume.

This is happening a mere 14 years after the initial release of the trailer, and a modicum of controversy :

A longer excerpt from the movie :

Last edited by unclemeat; 09-22-2013 at 04:46 AM.

This is happening a mere 14 years after the initial release of the trailer[/video]
    Yes, it's become more than a joke or annoyance. My fear is that it has been built up in my mind for too long and will be a bit anticlimactic when it finally sees the light of day.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***