Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magenta - The Twenty Seven Club in stock

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Personally, I like to think that the guy in the white suit represents fame (or perhaps the entertainment industry), feeding or profiting off of the artists' work during their lifetimes and also after they have died. Using them up and moving on to the next.

Just my take on it.
    Could be - at least I know it's not supposed to be God now!

Actually, I didn't really think it could be God. It's probably a character named Lou Cypher.

He is indeed supposed to be all of the above, the Devil/manager figure/'music industry'.

Going back to an earlier post 'The Gift' refers to the musical genius that they have which to some appears to be 'a Gift', but with Kurt Cobain I felt it became a bit of a curse, so the title was meant to be a bit of sarcasm as his gift was a curse.

Glad you like the album, and thanks for your continued support.

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytt View Post
    Going back to an earlier post 'The Gift' refers to the musical genius that they have which to some appears to be 'a Gift', but with Kurt Cobain I felt it became a bit of a curse, so the title was meant to be a bit of sarcasm as his gift was a curse.
    Ah, thank you! That makes sense; Cobain felt the same way according to his journals.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmytt View Post
    He is indeed supposed to be all of the above, the Devil/manager figure/'music industry'.

Glad you like the album, and thanks for your continued support.

Steve.
    I was going to say, the song about Brian Jones seems to be from the perspective of his manager.

Steve, just wondering (if you feel like answering), were you at all involved in the Cyan albums? Especially Pictures from the Other Side? I always really liked that one.

Again you are right, with the Brian Jones track it was meant to be the Devil speaking to him in the guise of a 'Manager' figure, pushing him on to ultimately get his soul.

I was involved with Cyan. Originally when the band were formed Rob was still in school and I was the singer. I wrote lyrics for 2 songs on For King and country and 3 songs on The Creeping Vine, but there was only one track I wrote the lyrics for on Pictures. The epic 'Nosferatu'. This came about from mine and Rob's love for Horror films, especially Hammer films. We have come a long way since those early days with Cyan, but Original Sin from The Creeping Vine is one of the lyrics I am most proud of. Rob's brief for the track was 'A transvestite vicar'. For me it just came together really well. Good story (even though a bit bizzare) and the lyric fitted the mood of the music perfectly.