Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Double album Sequencing

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Is that real? I've never seen a Kiss cereal. Did a little poking around, and on one Kiss fan forum someone suggests it's a hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Is that real? I've never seen a Kiss cereal. Did a little poking around, and on one Kiss fan forum someone suggests it's a hoax.
    I never saw it and I was a massive KISS fan in the mid- '70s.

Also, they only show the front of the box and not the back where the single would be.

Where's that Gruno fella? He should know.

You have heard the Super Sugar Crisp-themed band?

The third Kim Carnes-related post in a week! That’s Kim on background vocals on this song.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

‘“What blow, Goblin?” said Corinius.’ --E. R. Eddison

N.P.:“Waters”-East of Eden/Mercator Projected

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    I never saw it and I was a massive KISS fan in the mid- '70s.

Also, they only show the front of the box and not the back where the single would be.

Where's that Gruno fella? He should know.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, "Gruno will know what's up". I thought I had seen most of the Kiss merchandise from the 70's, but every once in awhile, something turns up (like the German Kiss pinball machine, yes with the altered Kiss logo, that's shown on Wikipedia...think about that: Gene had a bunch of pinball machines made up with the alternate logo, just so the German fans would have the opportunity to line Gene's pockets one deutsch mark, or whatever you paid for a game of pinball in Die Deutschland, circa 1978, at a time).

wow an hi-jack!! from double lps to cereals

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Getting a kick out of looking at those cereal boxes. Christ, the stuff I ate as a kid.

Now, there was this other contraption for kiddie records that I remember having as a wee lad. I don't know what this thing is called so I can't Google it. It's this "thing" with mirrors all around it that sat on stop of the record spindle that would spin with the record on the turntable. The kiddie record itself had a label in the center with pictures of Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse all around it. When you played the record the "mirror thingy" would reflect the little pics of the characters and animated them so it looked like they were walking or running. I know I'm not describing it very well. I have no idea what that mirror thing was called or the records either. I bet someone my age probably knows what I'm talking about.

I do recall seeing kinetoscope records back in the day, they played a little movie loop as they spun. I'm still looking for an image online.

Ides of March Friendly Strangers Disc 2.jpg

Here's the second disc from the Ides of March's Friendly Strangers - it's a regular size CD but is clear beyond where the music/label is written. It's the only one like that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    There was more than one box:

That doesn't necessarily mean it's not a hoax though. Although -- sugary breakfast cereal? EXACTLY something Kiss would do.

These are a fan produced item created out of pure love for the group which is my special tribute to the greatest rock and roll band in the world and combines my two greatest passions: Cereal boxes and Kiss!
    Source
    LOL I knew it was fake. I thought it was funny though. If Gene were to come across this there probably would be a KISS Cereal!
    Source

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burley Wright View Post
    Ides of March Friendly Strangers Disc 2.jpg

Here's the second disc from the Ides of March's Friendly Strangers - it's a regular size CD but is clear beyond where the music/label is written. It's the only one like that I've seen.
    $(KGrHqIOKp0E6YCOV4-TBOv,!NmmsQ~~60_12.JPG
    CD 2 of Beeheart's OOP live album on Rhino

There was more than one box:

That doesn't necessarily mean it's not a hoax though. Although -- sugary breakfast cereal? EXACTLY something Kiss would do.
    Well there you go.

I never saw those in the Seattle area in the mid '70s. I would have pleaded with my folks to buy a box or two. Seeing as they indulged my love of music of all types they would've obliged.

The way this discussion is going is reminding me of my first record player, the General Electric Show’N Tell. The turntable was perched atop a fake TV (complete with dummy knobs), albeit one which had a “real” screen. You see, there was a slot in the side where one placed specially-made filmstrips that were made to sync up with records that came bundled with them.

It was a horrible record player, though. It would totally wreck up your records!

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:“Midnight Flyer”-Kiki Dee/Perfect Timing

I think my first two record players were these rinky dink Mickey Mouse themed deals that were made for children, I think by GE. Something like this:

il_570xN.224852685.jpg

As I recall, I got one when I was about 5, and had it for awhile, then it broke, so my parents bought me a second one a year or two later. I distinctly remember they were different colours. Anyhow, when I first started listening to music, it was on that. It was fine for singles, but LP's not so much. I have this distinct memory that there was some mechanical aspect about it that caused a lot of skipping, maybe me think the record was scratched in some places. The one I remember having a problem with was Uriah Heep Live (when my brother joined the Navy, his record collection somehow fell into my hands), where at the start of side one, I'd hear "Would you please welcome, England's own..."POP and then the drum fill that follows the intro. I'm sure it was a year or two before I ever heard the band's name (and thusly learned how to actually pronounce "Uriah"...I know, it sounds stupid now, but it's the truth).

I had a bunch of children's records, you know Disney type things, and I think we actually had a Shari Lewis record, if you could believe that, a bunch of other dopey stuff that I think parents give their pre-teens, hoping that they don't find out that there's this thing called rock n roll. Some of it was fun to listen to, but ya know, I already knew about Queen, Heep, Frampton, Nazareth, Kiss, etc. Not only that, but my brother Robert had a couple Ohio Players albums, Fire and Honey (I wonder if my parents knew that at the age of 7, I already knew what a naked woman looked like, even if I was too dumb to know whether it was a man or a woman I was looking at on those album covers).

I also had a few singles I remember listening to. One was actually The Jimmy Castor Bunch's King Kong. "KAMASAMBE!!! KOOOONG!!!" I also had a copy of These Boots Are Made For Walking by Nancy Sinatra, not sure if it was an original or not, but I remember really liking the B-side, a song called The City Never Sleeps At Night. And I had this Connie Francis single, that one had a good B-side on it, too, We Have Something More, which had a cool piano riff. I also had Staff Sgt. Barry Sadler's one big hit, Ballad Of The Green Berets, which I somehow thought was a cool song back then.

Oh, and did I mention the Disco Duck LP's?!

I also had a Mickey Mouse cassette player, too, though I think that came a bit later:

mr3T1mSxrEzo8DhzRbuaqPw.jpg

See the microphone Mickey is holding? That's an actual microphone. I think I got that when I was like 8 or 9, maybe 10. I think that was around the time I had that cool ELO t-shirt, something kinda like this:

il_170x135.429964547_ad4z.jpg

Only think mine just had the logo, without the jukebox/spaceship border. It was one of those rubberized deals, you older cats remember those? They were like iron-on thingies, you can find them in like Sears and everywhere else.

Oh yeah, and that reminds me, many years later, this was maybe 10 or 15 years ago now, my mom went to a library sale. My mom somehow has the ability to remember the music I like, even if it's a band I've only mentioned a couple times, she somehow latches onto the idea that I like them. So when she sees a record I might like at a flea market or library sale, she tended to go for it. So this one time, she comes back from a library sale, with a copy of Chicago VIII, on vinyl! Real nice condition too. So I go to put it on the stereo, and this little piece paper falls out. Too small to be a lyric sheet, I wondered what it was. I pick it up, and it's an Chicago logo iron on! Can you believe that?! And my mom didn't even know it was in there, she just saw the album, knew I liked Chicago and went for it.