Thread: New Polyethylene Pet/+1 EP "Ordinary Times" out Monday

New Polyethylene Pet/+1 EP "Ordinary Times" out Monday

For anyone who should stumble across this thread and have even a modicum of interest:

The new EP from Polyethylene Pet "Ordinary Times" is officially coming out on Monday Sept 9th.

Yes, it IS the one you've heard so much about. A tantalising blend of moments and textures served up in their uniquely surreal manner. You can check it today out via the streaming link below.

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/OrdinaryTimes

Thanks, as always, for listening. We hope you enjoy it.

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

geez - it looks like these threads don't even show up in the New Posts list... that explains a lot.

i wonder if perhaps it only shows when there are replies (counter intuitive).

oh well. there ya go :P
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

As always, it's wonderful! Thanks Kim.

thanks Stevie! hey man - shoot me an email, if you can and you get a chance. i'd love to catch up on your doings

i'll PM my email over to you...

K

Groovy!
    You know I love the backwards stuffs!

thanks! glad you're liking it, John

Hi Kim, I'll be checking this out shortly! Thanks,
    Deb S.
    The Prog-Rock Diner www.fcac.org/radio-fairfax
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

Thanks for the reminder Kim - listening now - sounding wonderful. Of course, I am trying to figure where the first silence ended and the second one began ... that's numbers for you

i'm glad you like it, Richard!

as for Two Silences, you may recognise it from the "In Memoriam" album. it's my favourite track on there

thanks to everyone for even seeing this thread!

Kim

haha - I haven't got 'In Memoriam' (quickly checks the 15 releases, some of them double/ triple), although it's highly likely I have already streamed it from your site and cracked the same witticism before .... Oh yes, backwards is great. Makes the chords really shine sometimes (if they were decent in the first place).

of course, it takes planning out the lines and progressions too, in order for it to be musically coherent backwards

just sayin'

i've been sick in the head for a long time doing just that, though. we do it all for you, my friend

K

As Jake Johannsen's daughter once famously said "Today! Today!"

K

a test: ineffective bump number 1 (of 3)

K

Hey Kim, can you give me a break down of all your albums that are solo piano?
    I dig all your music but I was really into that aspect of your material last year and
    I'm not sure that I completed my collection.

well, here is what we have on file for the collection of CDs you've gotten directly from us (you may have others from ReR USA or CD Baby):

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/?john_white&*******

a cursory glance would indicate you have all of the solo piano things we've released on CD thus far - with the exception of "Nine Haiku" which is actually on Periphery (not primarily a solo piano album). you can find that piece in all it's streaming glory at http://www.precognitiverecords.com/Periphery (Disc 3) to see if you'd like to complete your collection with it

i'm personally very pleased with that piece, which is the most recent solo piano music i've written (in the form on the CD, it's tape-effected piano).

i've got a fair amount of other solo piano recordings, some only available in their original cassette form (which we do still distribute on request). i'm slowly getting around to remastering some of these to CD. however, for now, it does appear that you have all of the solo piano volumes we've released to date:

Music for Piano - Piano Sonata #1 and Four Triptychs
    Music for Piano (vol. 2) - Piano Fantasy#2, #3 and #4
    Commentary and Variations - Piano Sonata #2

just fyi, there are some chamber renditions of other pieces originally written for solo piano on Periphery as well. Disc 1 and 3 are both largely made up of chamber things.

i hope that gives you the information you needed

Kim
    Last edited by Polypet; 09-13-2013 at 02:11 PM.

i should mention also that "In Memoriam: Brave New World" has a version of Commentary and Variations, which was a study i wrote for use in the 2nd Sonata. that and Moment/Festival (both of which are on that album) are solo piano pieces, as well.

as an aside, Commentary and Variations is a highly structured serial improvisation (a technique i've developed and use often). the 2nd Sonata was composed based on that piece. a live performance of the piece can be found on YouTube (embedded below). i performed it during a Thinking Plague concert in 2009 and, fortunately, it was video taped (thanks to PE's own Steve Navarre).

just for your amusement and anyone else who stumbles upon this thread...
    Last edited by Polypet; 09-13-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Now I just feel woefully inadequate and need to order more music...

ha! you? inadequate? i think not. you have quite the collection of Precognitive releases, from what i can see

and we're honoured and humbly thank you

K

a test: ineffective bump number 2 (of 3)