Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invicta - The Enid's best so far?

I just e-mailed The Enidi and asked for more info on this Live at Loreley dvd. I also suggested they would gain more members by showing what I see in the Enidi pamphlet on their site BEFORE joining as an incentive you know? I told them they were missing an opportunity here by hiding the thing until after you join.

Regards,

Duncan

WoW! Duncan....District 97-Trouble With Machines No. 6? I gave them No. 1,but I haven't heard that many new albums in 2012. 6 is pretty damn impressive though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Tom,it came inside The Enidi pamphlet that arrived with my Invicta cd.
    Okay, I received one of those too. Shows how well I read it! Well I just joined last weekend, so maybe it will arrive in the post.

Tom

I don't know if it's PAL or NTSC - my player and TV don't bother. There is no info about this on the label or sleeve.
    The tracklisting is: Judgement Day / In The Region Of The Summer Stars / Sheets Of Blue / The Dark Hydraulic Forces Of The Id / Childe Roland.

And there is a very interesting interview with the band as a bonus, beautifully filmed with the Rhine below in the back.

I figured there must already be an Invicta thread so I'm glad I searched... Several of my questions have been answered by previous posters.

I first listened to it yesterday on progstreaming, intrigued by the interesting cover. As for my take, as a total newbie: Holy Cow! This new cd is a totally over-the-top meisterwerk. I have listened to it 4-5 times already and don't think I will stop anytime soon. Must order! It is so interesting (lyrically and instrumentally) and varied and warm. Sounds like they are backed by a whole orchestra, but they're not are they? Just synths and their own inventive playing if I listen closely.

One more question: if I love this will I like the back catalogue? Not sure based on viewing some youtube clips.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    One more question: if I love this will I like the back catalogue? Not sure based on viewing some youtube clips.
    I would think you'd like much of their back catolgue, including their previous release, "Journey's End". The Enid's first 3 or 4 from their first era (circa 70's) are all worthy of a pick-up IMO. They gradually got a little softer in their sound as they progressed (no pun intended) from there. I have 6 lp's, 1 compiliation and 2 fan releases from that earlier period, plus 3 cd's from their more recent output. Not one of them is a clunker, yet some I go back to more than others.

I have yet to pick up Invicta, though it's on my to-buy list.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    I would think you'd like much of their back catolgue, including their previous release, "Journey's End". The Enid's first 3 or 4 from their first era (circa 70's) are all worthy of a pick-up IMO. They gradually got a little softer in their sound as they progressed (no pun intended) from there. I have 6 lp's, 1 compiliation and 2 fan releases from that earlier period, plus 3 cd's from their more recent output. Not one of them is a clunker, yet some I go back to more than others.

I have yet to pick up Invicta, though it's on my to-buy list.
    Get Six Pieces next. But NEVER from Inner Sanctum. If you see any Enid music on Inner Sanctum it is to be considered 100% UNAUTHORIZED BY THE ENID=BOOTLEG!!! I hope I made that point clear. Enedi is the label that is approved by the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurm View Post
    I don't know if it's PAL or NTSC - my player and TV don't bother. There is no info about this on the label or sleeve.
    The tracklisting is: Judgement Day / In The Region Of The Summer Stars / Sheets Of Blue / The Dark Hydraulic Forces Of The Id / Childe Roland.

And there is a very interesting interview with the band as a bonus, beautifully filmed with the Rhine below in the back.
    Thank you for the info,since the band gave out zip.

I just picked this up on vinyl. It's my first taste of The Enid, and I'm smitten with it. Glorious stuff, and the recording is impeccable. Side 1 is on nonstop repeat.
    Last edited by Father Tiresias; 07-03-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Invicta still gets regular play from me in the 1.5 years since I bought it. Nothing else like it!