Thread: Cheer Accident - subscription

Cheer Accident - subscription

Very interesting idea, Cheer Accident is offering a monthly "subscription" to new music, starting at $2 per month.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader...o-the-internet

"For two to five dollars each month (it's up to the user how much to pay) subscribers get new songs by the couple and occasional collaborators available only through the site; Rabbit Rabbit Radio also posts videos and photos and offers an archive of older songs. Their latest selection is a song called "Before the Sun," a section of a longer improvisation done with Chicago's own Cheer-Accident."
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

bump, surprised this doesn't have more love. Amazing band.

Sounds interesting. I dig Cheer Accident, I may give it a go.

I like Cheer Accident and will buy their album when they release it. I'm not that big of a fan that I'll go to the trouble of downloading individual songs released over several months. I don't listen to music that way.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'll probably give this a try & the Rabbit Rabbit version that C-A took the idea from.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Love the band, but I certainly hope they'll keep making "proper" albums.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I agree. We did the same thing ("supporters") with Einstuerzende Neubauten, and of course everything was eventually released as an album. But on the upside, it gives them some impetus to create, and of course, some $$$.