Thread: Barclay james harvest stirs itself

Barclay james harvest stirs itself

as an album-releasing enterprise bjh has lain dormant for years. live albums for sure but new recordings seemed even less likely than a phil collins-led return of genesis. but now there is amazingly a new album on the way. its from the john lees version of bjh and its called north, which is the part of england lees and his compadres hail from. there's even a taster for the whole album now on you tube and if you ever liked bjh you'll like what you hear. its quite ornate and the tinkling keyboards reminded me of the reworked mockingbird that appeared on their famous berlin album. north is released in october. grey skies bleak moors rain falls snow blows piggy in the middle the old man snores thats north.

Here is an album preview:

It seems that this is a true band effort (with John Lees being the only original member on board). It seems that Craig Fletcher (bassplayer) is also doing quite a bit of singing on this one? Maybe Vicky can chime in on that. To me this preview sounds quite lovely and am very much looking forward to hearing the whole album in due course.

Auto-buy.Seems to be a very acoustic BJH album which is good news.

singing duties are shared. John does like someone else to be able to sing too as he can then concentrate on his guitar playing on those tracks. Definitely not an acoustic album though as there is a great deal of keyboards and electric guitar over the whole album.

I'll be at Islington in November to see them promoting this & if the material sounds good enough I'll get the CD there ... in fact the same applies to Giltrap/O Wakeman , so it could be an expensive (but excellent) evening.

It has stirred itself again! Les Holroyd has released on Soundcloud a demo of a new song written to mark the thirtieth anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.

It's been many years since he has released something new and other new songs are promised for next year.

'1989' is very long and very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    It has stirred itself again! Les Holroyd has released on Soundcloud a demo of a new song written to mark the thirtieth anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.

It's been many years since he has released something new and other new songs are promised for next year.

'1989' is very long and very good.
    Excellent song. Sounds good even in its demo form.

Been a while since Les gave us anything new. Good to know his writing is still up to puff.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    as an album-releasing enterprise bjh has lain dormant for years. live albums for sure but new recordings seemed even less likely than a phil collins-led return of genesis. but now there is amazingly a new album on the way. its from the john lees version of bjh and its called north, which is the part of england lees and his compadres hail from. there's even a taster for the whole album now on you tube and if you ever liked bjh you'll like what you hear. its quite ornate and the tinkling keyboards reminded me of the reworked mockingbird that appeared on their famous berlin album. north is released in october. grey skies bleak moors rain falls snow blows piggy in the middle the old man snores thats north.

Not only is there a Phil Collins-led return of Genesis for later this year but also a new Barclay James Harvest album from the John Lees wing. No information apart from shows to support it has so far been announced.
    BBTPatron