Thread: F&@k Road to Red. I want Beat and Three in 5.1 !

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar

F&@k Road to Red. I want Beat and Three in 5.1 !

Sorry for the language, but I got your attention, right? Anyone knows if:

- Steven Wilson was involved in these two?
    - If and when they will be released?

It's taking too long, and I kinda expecting it now. But it seems "The Road To Red"-release only slows this down. So now I'm annoyed!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Sorry, they need some kind of approval from Bruford, who is too busy lying on a chaise lounge eating bon-bons.

Yes, "Beat" is an on going project, SW is on that too. Not sure about "Three of..."

As far as I can remember, Steven Wilson is on board for both albums. Jakko Jakszyk is only doing "THRAK" I think.

I don't at all agree with the thread title, btw !

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    It's taking too long,
    Can you share with us your experience at producing multi-format archive releases where the rights aren't all in one place? How long were your negotiations with those rights holders?

Out of curiousity, what is different copyrights-wise between these and previous releases?

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Smith View Post
    Can you share with us your experience at producing multi-format archive releases where the rights aren't all in one place? How long were your negotiations with those rights holders?
    Sid, hold your horses! I'm just a customers wanting not to wait too long. And I just fear "The Road To Red" is holding up the thing I want. I just ventilate (with a bit of humor, I certainly hope that has crossed the digital barrier) my opinion.

So, to continue my rant .... I don't give a damn about negociations about rights and producing this series. I just want the damn finished product. If there's a hold-up, they should at least inform the fans (or at least: me, )

Beat and 3OAPP aren't ready to release but that's nothing to do with TR2R. Please feel free to carry on ventilating by all means.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Smith View Post
    Beat and 3OAPP aren't ready to release but that's nothing to do with TR2R. Please feel free to carry on ventilating by all means.

Hey Sid,

Out of curiosity, is there any time table for the release of Beat, TOAPP, or THRAK?

Cheers

Are the studio sessions that were planned for a KCCC release (forget the number, but there is a skip there) stil going on Beat? Will that KCCC cd ever be released? That's what I want to know.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

About a year ago I got SABB,but for some reason never got Discipline 40th Ann. How did the 5.1 turn out Sid?

I must say that i'm very excited about the Road to Red. When The Great Deceiver was released, i remember being how overwhelming it seemed to be back then: "FOUR CDs full of unreleased live material on premium quality! Wow!" The forthcoming box set is something else. My wife will kill me.

i sort of agree with this sentiment, i am much more excited about beat toapp and thrak and beyond coming out, but i have road to red on order so guess beggers can't be choosers.

would be nice to have some sort of timetable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    About a year ago I got SABB,but for some reason never got Discipline 40th Ann. How did the 5.1 turn out Sid?
    I'm not Sid, but in my opinion it's one of the best of the series (so far). It's up there with the 5.1 mixes of Lizard, Island and Red. Matte Kudasai especially sounds wonderful.

Sorry for the language, but I got your attention, right? Anyone knows if:

- Steven Wilson was involved in these two?
    Yes, he was. As far as I understand, he's already completed all his Crimson remixes.

If and when they will be released?

It's taking too long, and I kinda expecting it now. But it seems "The Road To Red"-release only slows this down. So now I'm annoyed!
    Yes they will be released. I don't know for sure, and there's also Jakko Jakszyk's remixes of Thrak and TPtB, but I'd hazard a guess, based on the past, that we'll see two of them in 2014, then the final two in 2015. Order of release? Who knows. This is, however, a total guess, with no substantiation in fact. Only the inner sanctum knows, and I'm totally good with them releasing them when (a) they're ready and (b) they feel it's the right time. Patience is a virtue, after all....

I suspect that they're limiting the number of releases each year to try and maximize and not over-flood the market, which I think is a good idea. Plus there's a lot more to putting these out than getting the mixes and masters.

You may be mad about TRtR, but having been absorbed in it the past few days, all I can say is: it smokes. The shows you've heard have never sounded this good and the four that are new are absolutely killin'; I cannot wait for the Blu-Ray to hear the high res versions!
    Last edited by jkelman; 08-31-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I'm not Sid, but imo, Discipline is one of the the absolute best of the 40ths, along with Lizard. Here's my review.

I'm also not Sid, but I have to say that Discipline is one of my all time favourites 5.1 mixes ever, I use it as a demonstration disc for my car 5.1 setup, and I wasn't even such a big fan of the album before the 5.1 treatment...
    If you appreciate surround, and even just slightly know KC- you must get this

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Are the studio sessions that were planned for a KCCC release (forget the number, but there is a skip there) stil going on Beat? Will that KCCC cd ever be released? That's what I want to know.
    I thought it was pulled as a KCCC release to bolster the eventual TOAPP "40th" release.

Hmmm. Might've been. Either way, I'd like to hear those sessions.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.