Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Few Comments

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Been going through the FAQs. What is CMS?
    Content Management System?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Not possible.

Don't know if you recently did this, or if it was there the whole time, but there's a "Quick Navigation" bar on the lower right of the page which accomplishes the same goal that I was looking for.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

multicellular organism roddenberry's Avatar
    Okay this may have been addressed in another thread... but dare I ask. I haven't seen anything in "my profile" that permits me to select a custom avatar... is there a place where I can insert it?

Robert

multicellular organism roddenberry's Avatar
    Okay nevermind, I found the proper area to edit my profile and add my avatar...

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I'm going to guess that you are working on getting our post counts above zero. If I missed that discussion elsewhere, I'm sorry. Lots of threads here. I'm bound to miss something.

I figured out how to post videos, and learned that there is a limit of one video per post. Not a problem. Probably a good idea, considering how on the old site (v2), a post with multiple videos could suck a computer's memory dry.

I learned that I have very few images on my computer that are small enough files to post here. Likewise online images. Is this just bad luck on my part, or is allowable image size going to be increased? I never thought of pictures I saved as being large files.

On the previous page, someone asked about the TOS. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, right side. There it is.

I'm going to guess that you are working on getting our post counts above zero.
    They've decided to keep the post count at zero as there is no ranking or point scoring for having more posts.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm going to guess that you are working on getting our post counts above zero. If I missed that discussion elsewhere, I'm sorry. Lots of threads here. I'm bound to miss something.
    I think you already posted in the thread:

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...t-Few-Comments

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    They've decided to keep the post count at zero as there is no ranking or point scoring for having more posts.
    I didn't know there ever was ranking or point scoring. What good would it do? On the old site (v2) I think there was a maximum number of posts per month, or something. I never exceeded it, so I don't know what would happen if I did. Is there no maximum here? (Don't worry, I'm not going to suddenly become more talkative.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I think you already posted in the thread:

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...t-Few-Comments
    That is a link to this thread. Not criticizing. I don't yet know how to link to a thread. I will probably figure it out when the need arises.

I see now. There was a discussion of post counts in this thread. I didn't understand it because I have never seen a post count higher than zero for anyone while logged in here. I don't guess it matters. I don't count my posts. Why should the site?

Because you look at PA and they have counts, and stars, and titles associated with number of posts. The view was to go nowhere near any of that.
    Ian

Because you look at PA and they have counts, and stars, and titles associated with number of posts. The view was to go nowhere near any of that.
    Oh. This is the only forum I am on. I just use PA for its reviews. I don't feel compelled to comment or discuss anything there. Never viewed their forum. I'm not much of a joiner.

Been going through the FAQs. What is CMS?
    CMS = Content Management System. It's a fancy word for the place where we will post articles, interviews, and reviews. Has not been turned on yet - will happen soon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by roddenberry View Post
    Okay nevermind, I found the proper area to edit my profile and add my avatar...
    That avatar looks just like this Canadian guy I know!

I didn't know there ever was ranking or point scoring. What good would it do? On the old site (v2) I think there was a maximum number of posts per month, or something. I never exceeded it, so I don't know what would happen if I did. Is there no maximum here? (Don't worry, I'm not going to suddenly become more talkative.)
    This system has a ranking system built in. It's based on post counts. In PE's distant past, and on other forums, it's common for people to compete for the highest post count.

So we turned post counts off, and they will always show '0'.
    Regards,

Duncan

Great job guys.

Is there a bookmark function?

Wilton
    Wilton Said... , Toronto Art Rock.
    http://www.wiltonsaid.com

It's called subscribe, look under thread tools.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Wilton Said... View Post
    Great job guys.

Is there a bookmark function?

Wilton
    It's called subscribe, look under thread tools.
    Another approach is to autosubscribe whenever you post in a thread

I posted this on the other site. Basically go to Settings in the very top menu bar look down along the left hand side and there should be a General Settings option, click that and there is a long page of stuff you can change there. About second or third option it allows you to set subscribe options including with and without email notification. NOW...this is something I always forget cause the page is so long... go all the way down to bottom of page and hit the save changes button otherwise nothing takes.

BTW.. the best way I have found to view your subscriptions (there are a number of ways) is to use the Quick Links option on the Forum menu bar.