Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozzy makes bacon sandwich and...

Ozzy makes bacon sandwich and...

Sets the house on fire!

Hell, don't they have a cook to do this kind of stuff for him?

Sharon- "I'm in London, Ozzy Osbourne is in LA making a bacon sandwich last night and the fire brigade ended up at our house!!"

:P

Banned

You can't help but love the guy !

^ but not so much his drama-queen spouse

If this were a scene in This Is Spinal Tap, it would be funny. Since it's not, I'm not sure if it's funny or sad, especially given what we know about Ozzy's health issues. I thought it was hysterical that he couldn't figure out how to pop a bag of popcorn in the microwave, but now, I'm not so sure it is.

he'd make a good host for a cooking show

Hell's Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Hell's Kitchen
    </Thread> WIN

That video was hilarious. I kept thinking the glass pot of boiling water was gonna crack. I think Ozzy was just taking the piss out the interviewer (and himself). His hair really was hysterical too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    That video was hilarious. I kept thinking the glass pot of boiling water was gonna crack. I think Ozzy was just taking the piss out the interviewer (and himself). His hair really was hysterical too.
    That interview is from a film called The Decline Of Western Civilization II: The Metal Years. It mostly functions as a documentary on the mid 80's LA hard rock and metal scene. I guess Ozzy and people like Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley were interviewed because they were living in LA by then and to give a wider picture of what was going on with metal music in general.

Anyway, the film has a lot of bizarre and sometimes deliberately funny interviews. The most infamous is a shit faced Chris Holmes of WASP being interviewed in his swimming pool, while his mother looks on from a deck chair poolside, looking a bit worried and/or disgusted. Gene Simmons does his interview in a lingerie shop (and loses his chain of thought at one point when a sexy woman walks in). Not to be outdone, Paul Stanley's interview occurs in a bed, with him flanked by a couple sexy women. Oh, and there's the anti-metal lady who insists tat that the "devil horns" represent Satan, then draws each of the three sixes present in the gesture and explains how it represents a denial of the holy trinity (honey, NOBODY could be that clever to pack that much hidden symbolism in a hand gesture).

At any rate, the film as a whole kinda makes This Is Spinal Tap redundant, as it really focuses on the more buffoonish side of things. I think there's a lot of very unintentionally funny stuff in the film. I could never make up my mind if Penelope Spheeris, the director, was deliberately trying to make the bands look stupid, like she was looking down all these bands. Ironically, she reportedly turned down the chance to direct This Is Spinal Tap because she thought represented a "betrayal" or whatever, but I don't know how her film is any better.

As for whether Ozzy really was that space brained when he was making breakfast in that interview, hard to know. I think that was when Ozzy was still drinking heavily, and with him, over the years, I've seen quite a few examples of things where I'm wondering, "Is this supposed to be a windup, or is he really that out of it?".

I remember when he appeared on the Howard Stern Show, and he grabs a bottle of water, and appeared to attempt to drink from the bottle without taking the cap off. Sharon takes the bottle from Ozzy, with this slightly embarrassed look on her face, and takes the cap off for him, then gives it back to him. And none of it felt like a put on. Either Sharon and Ozzy are the best comedy team since The Marx Brothers, or he really is beyond repair or however you want to say it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Anyway, the film has a lot of bizarre and sometimes deliberately funny interviews. The most infamous is a shit faced Chris Holmes of WASP being interviewed in his swimming pool, while his mother looks on from a deck chair poolside, looking a bit worried and/or disgusted. Gene Simmons does his interview in a lingerie shop (and loses his chain of thought at one point when a sexy woman walks in). Not to be outdone, Paul Stanley's interview occurs in a bed, with him flanked by a couple sexy women.
    That's nice for Daddy.

As many people know, Sharon is the daughter of Don Arden - the UK version of Robert Stigwood where the mantra is to "dazzle them with brilliance and baffle 'em with bullshit". Don Arden was Jet Records (The UA affiliate). She dated ELOs Bev Bevan before Ozzy, hence, a common element to both ELO and Ozzy who were both labelmates on Jet

While I am sure Ozzy is only "half-there", I think Sharon is smart enough to know how to throw gasoline on any Ozzy fire to public media advantage....even helping him with the bottlecap seems like a setup. This seems to be what she has done for "the business" for decades

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    As many people know, Sharon is the daughter of Don Arden - the UK version of Robert Stigwood where the mantra is to "dazzle them with brilliance and baffle 'em with bullshit". Don Arden was Jet Records (The UA affiliate). She dated ELOs Bev Bevan before Ozzy, hence, a common element to both ELO and Ozzy who were both labelmates on Jet
    Did she date Bev? I had the impression that she and her brother sort of served as their father's deputies with regards to ELO (and probably his other clients). I do know that Bev tells a couple stories in his book that suggest that once she'd had a couple pints, Sharon could be just as out of control as Ozzy has been known to get. I think he said Sharon was responsible for the most thorough hotel room demolition he had ever seen.

As far as what she's done for Ozzy, I somehow suspect Ozzy would have been dead sometime back in the 80's if Sharon hadn't been there. She's probably done a lot to secure Ozzy's relative sobriety and financial position, but I get the impression she's also done a lot to cheat the guys who've in Ozzy's solo bands over the years. There's been at least two or three lawsuits brought against Sharon from irate former band members. I know Jake E. Lee still maintains his name was left off the bylines on some of the songs on Bark At The Moon. And Carmine Appice says he was fired from the band "because my name was too long" (or more accurately, because whenever the Bark At The Moon tour was discussed in the media, at the time, whoever it was would insist on saying "Ozzy Osbourne, featuring Carmine Appice on drums", which apparently rubbed Sharon the wrong way).
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 09-02-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Did she date Bev? I had the impression that she and her brother sort of served as their father's deputies with regards to ELO (and probably his other clients). I do know that Bev tells a couple stories in his book that suggest that once she'd had a couple pints, Sharon could be just as out of control as Ozzy has been known to get. I think he said Sharon was responsible for the most thorough hotel room demolition he had ever seen.
    The way I understood it was that they had a mutual like for each other and were often seen together for a very brief period.

She's probably done a lot to secure Ozzy's relative sobriety and financial position, but I get the impression she's also done a lot to cheat the guys who've in Ozzy's solo bands over the years.
    I think that the most outrageous act of degrading former band members is that she proceeded into erasing the original bass and drum parts and re-recording them for the 2002 CD reissues of "Blizzard of Oz" and "Diary of a Madman" (Ozzy's best albums). And we 're talking removing heavy rock icons like Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    I think that the most outrageous act of degrading former band members is that she proceeded into erasing the original bass and drum parts and re-recording them for the 2002 CD reissues of "Blizzard of Oz" and "Diary of a Madman" (Ozzy's best albums). And we 're talking removing heavy rock icons like Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley.
    Are you from the U.K? Calling Kerslake and Daisley seems like something someone from the U.K would do. I don't think people here in the U.S would know them from a hole in the ground. I think that Robert Trujillo and Mike Bordin are more well-known. I'm not trying to defend what Sharon did. I don't know much of Bob Daisley's work, but Kerslake's work on those classic Heep albums is the stuff of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Are you from the U.K? Calling Kerslake and Daisley seems like something someone from the U.K would do. I don't think people here in the U.S would know them from a hole in the ground.
    Most musicians (my era) most certainly know who they are. The general public may not know them but I dont think the general public could name one member of Toto either, even if they've owned IV for thirty years

Are you from the U.K? Calling Kerslake and Daisley seems like something someone from the U.K would do. I don't think people here in the U.S would know them from a hole in the ground.
    I am not from UK but I'm listening since the 70s

I don't know much of Bob Daisley's work
    Bob Daisley: Kahvas Jute (Oz legendary heavy psych), Chicken Shack, Widowmaker, Mungo Jerry, Rainbow, Uriah Heep, Garry Moore, Ozzy, Black Sabbath...
    Last edited by spacefreak; 09-02-2013 at 07:59 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Didn't Tony Iommi tell a story about Ozzy being accused of starting a hotel fire too?
    <sig out of order>

Banned
    Most musicians (my era) most certainly know who they are. The general public may not know them but I dont think the general public could name one member of Toto either, even if they've owned IV for thirty years
    Most of Toto would be known for their work on MJ's albums.

Most of Toto would be known for their work on MJ's albums.
    Most of Toto is known for work on a LOT of albums, not just MJ, but that still doesnt meant the general public would put two-and-two together and relate an album's credits to the same people in Toto but, still, you are missing the point: You said Kerslake and Daisley wouldnt be known in the US from a hole in the ground -- maybe the general public never heard of them much in the same way they couldnt mention the name of anybody in Toto..but, just like the members of Toto, Kerslake and Daisley are certainly well-known among rock musician and audiophile circles here in the US. They have been the subjects of many conversations I have had over the decades when talking about some of the best rhythm sections in rock.

Most of Toto is known for work on a LOT of albums, not just MJ, but that still doesnt meant the general public would put two-and-two together and relate an album's credits to the same people in Toto but, still, you are missing the point: You said Kerslake and Daisley wouldnt be known in the US from a hole in the ground -- maybe the general public never heard of them much in the same way they couldnt mention the name of anybody in Toto..but, just like the members of Toto, Kerslake and Daisley are certainly well-known among rock musician and audiophile circles here in the US. They have been the subjects of many conversations I have had over the decades when talking about some of the best rhythm sections in rock.
    Klothos is right. Most of the people who bought Thriller, Toto IV, or any of the other hit records those guys played on don't read record credits. Most people have no idea who Steve Lukather is, even though they've heard him play guitar a million times.

And I certainly don't think Mike Bordin and Robert Trujillo are more famous than Daisley and Kerslake. Trujillo is perhaps famous now for playing in Metallica, but at the time he was in Ozzy's band, he didn't have the name recognition he's got now. Even then, outside of Metallica fans, he's really known only to the cognoscenti. None of these guys have the kind of the same kind of name recognition as Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen or Keith Moon.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Are you from the U.K? Calling Kerslake and Daisley seems like something someone from the U.K would do. I don't think people here in the U.S would know them from a hole in the ground. I think that Robert Trujillo and Mike Bordin are more well-known. I'm not trying to defend what Sharon did. I don't know much of Bob Daisley's work, but Kerslake's work on those classic Heep albums is the stuff of legends.
    Daisley=Widowmaker (with Huw Lloyd Langton and Ariel Bender), Uriah Heep, Mungo Jerry, Rainbow, Gary Moore, Black Sabbath (Eternal Idol)

Kerslake=Uriah Heep
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Daisley=Widowmaker (with Huw Lloyd Langton and Ariel Bender), Uriah Heep, Mungo Jerry, Rainbow, Gary Moore, Black Sabbath (Eternal Idol)

Kerslake=Uriah Heep
    Lee Kerslake was also on the first Toe Fat album. Keep in mind also that he spent more than 30 years in Uriah Heep, and played on all but 7 studio albums (out of something like 23).